Gibson Brands Forums

'Get Back' sneek peek from Peter Jackson

BigKahune

I give Jackson credit for just wading through this mass of material.  If you have ever tried to listen to the complete Get Back Session boots there are often 10 or more takes of certain songs plus a horde of  golden  oldies from their past and others that were never fleshed out and with names you can only guess at.  

For first-wave-followers like me it's freakin' amaxing to see new material from situations and recordings we know so well 50 years later. 

For world bEAT culture and historians time will keep alchemising these 56 hours forever.         

For the uninitiated the plan is to re-make the somewhat gloomy or matt 1970s Let It Be movie and this time show a wider palet of band moods.                                                                                                                    I hope Jackson manage to give us a tour through it all - the clownery, the focused artistry and the more plain bein' a studio-Beatle in the early winter of 69. 

🍏   Wow, , , are E-minor7 and the lads ready. . . 

13 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Btw. can somebody explain what's goin' on/wrong with the false start of Get Back ?

Paul seemed obsessed with getting the speed just right, at least in the clip shown. He asked it to be speeded up, although the difference was pretty subtle. The guy on the Epi ( you remember him, they guy with the granny glasses) sets the beat after George counts it down.

I love watching people work in the studio, having spent a good part of a year doing that when I was young.

Edited by j45nick
correction

Thanks - nicely edited video and fun to watch in color.

I remember as a child it being televised on a mid sunday afternoon on commercial TV.

Looking forward to this next year:  seeing and hearing the J-200 and their other acoustics in action.

Hopefully, there may come a day when all the film tapes will be "indexed" for ( song, voice, date, time, etc. )

searching  and viewing online perhaps on  the Beatles website.

On 12/22/2020 at 2:43 PM, j45nick said:

Paul seemed obsessed with getting the speed just right, at least in the clip shown. He asked it to be speeded up, although the difference was pretty subtle. The guy on the Epi ( you remember him, they guy with the granny glasses) sets the beat after George counts it down.

I see that, but meant when they interrupted from the control-booth. 

2 hours ago, lawrenceaj said:

Hopefully, there may come a day when all the film tapes will be "indexed" for ( song, voice, date, time, etc. ) searching  and viewing online perhaps on  the Beatles website.

Could be fantastic and might happen somewhere in the future.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    But first these digitized 56 hours will function as a superior archive - a treasure shrine - for The Apple Camp.                                                                                                                                                                                                              When talking re-mix of the Let It Be record and for broader themed videos and movies to come.