Gibson Brands Forums

NOGD! 2007 Martin 000-28EC - Warning: Martin Content!

BluesKing777

So, Saturday morning 9.15am here.....thinking out aloud......

Every Saturday morning, I have mentioned before, I run through an hour or so of ....blues in C with capo 3. See, poet and don’t know it.

So it is best to get at it before the locals drag out their lawn mowers and assorted machinery. 

Selection of weapon/s........I want to play the EC because I just bought it, but honest, I have better blues in C capo 3 players! (think Railroad Bill in C or things like John Hurt.). Which leads to the conclusion after 2 weeks of ownership that the Martin EC probably has too many overtones for this type of blues, too much sustain. ......and I will first up today, play my Gibson L-0 or a Waterloo WL-14.

I wonder if EC himself would pick this guitar from all the choices available today? 90s, the small body was a bit unheard of....... Now...everywhere!

Off to play something because the locals drown me out, followed by a string change on the L-0!

BluesKing777.

Maybe that's what I was hearing when I said it all sounded 'thick'. I now love the D'Addario Nickel Bronze on my L00. Sharper, clearer.

You must be right about lag time for getting posts. It's just past 5:30 PM here, east coast.

Edited by jedzep

1 hour ago, jedzep said:

Maybe that's what I was hearing when I said it all sounded 'thick'. I now love the D'Addario Nickel Bronze on my L00. Sharper, clearer.

You must be right about lag time for getting posts. It's just past 5:30 PM here, east coast.

Yep, 16 hours ahead here at 11.07 am Saturday morning and played a quick run through of my C Blues mentioned above on my 1937 L-0, sounded fab, but strings had to go...so a new set of lights Elixir PBs are done! What do normal people do for the fear/excitement equivalent of B and E string replacement. And of course the B and E tuners are tight while the rest are normal! All done but for some calmer fun like running in front of cars.....

Err derrrrrrr. When I grabbed the new strings out of the bag from the music shop, I notice they are 12-56, not the 12-53 Lights I asked for! So the EC must have got 12-56 last week.......probably why it is...................😐

BluesKing777.