Gibson Brands Forums

Harvest Moon cover, take 2

rbpicker

A couple folks have asked so, for better or worse, here’s another go at Neil’s classic, Harvest Moon.  I think it came out better than the first attempt.  J45 tuned down a half step.

roger

Edited by rbpicker
  • Like 1

It's warm and delicious summer night, the air is clean, the sky is clear, the moon is full, a young couple in love sits by the crackling midnight fire, enjoying eachothers company under the stars. And in the background, a song is playing quietly. It is rbpickers cover of Harvest moon. What could be better? Excellent!

You know Sal, that’s exactly right.  When I want to try and do my best, it’s the J45 that I make suffer through it with me.  Can’t be beat for singer songwriter stuff.

ALD323... the scene you described is precisely how I think of that song.  That one and Helpless by Neil also.   I must have heard it in my younger camping days drifting through the campground from a distant campsite.  Was that you set up on the site next to us that night?

Thanks to both of  you guys for the kind comments.  Much appreciated.

rb

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rbpicker said:

ALD323... the scene you described is precisely how I think of that song.  That one and Helpless by Neil also.   I must have heard it in my younger camping days drifting through the campground from a distant campsite.  Was that you set up on the site next to us that night

....Hah!! ...Well now RB it just could have been! I've been a camper all my life, and a guitar player too,  And Harvest Moon, and Helpless were two of the first songs I ever learned or played, particularly at campgrounds! And when I heard your rendition of it with your J-45, it took me back decades to a time when life was long, and the world was in such a good place. Play on brother!