Gibson Brands Forums

2021 LP Custom - Silverburst

DK33

With all the new interest in Silverburst (the Adam Jones effect) the prices on used Silverburst are strong 

I found I can get a brand new 2021 Silverburst Custom for like $4500 - any thoughts as to a brand new one at that price point ($4500) or a nice resale at significantly higher?

thanks 

Edited by DK33

1 hour ago, DK33 said:

With all the new interest in Silverburst (the Adam Jones effect) the prices on used Silverburst are strong 

I found I can get a brand new 2021 for like $4500 - any thoughts as to a brand new one at that price point ($4500) or a nice resale at significantly higher?

thanks 

Is it one of the Tool guys guitars or just run of the mill LP?  Just regular new LP Standards go for $2500. Other than the color you want what is so special about it.?

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is it one of the Tool guys guitars or just run of the mill LP?  Just regular new LP Standards go for $2500. Other than the color you want what is so special about it.?

It’s not a Standard- Gibson makes a Custom 

6 minutes ago, DK33 said:

This forum makes it ridiculously hard to submit a photo- super lame in my opinion 

Ok you did not state that. That may be right for a Custom. 

Ok here is what you do. Go get an IMGUR account. Upload your photo to IMGUR. Go to your photo and copy the where it says BBCode.

Paste it like this    [img]https://i.imgur.com/YG66iT2.jpg[/img]

Then remove all the stuff in parentheses and leave everthing from https all the way to .jpg

Then put your cursor right after .jpg and hit enter and what you see below happend. It sould like a pain but its easy once you do it.

Or you can just copy and paste the one that says direct link or image link and a link will come up that we can clink on to view it.

YG66iT2.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It’s not a Standard- Gibson makes a Custom 

https://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-custom-shop/les-paul-custom-silverburst-milwaukee-608-790-9816/

That’s fine / I’m not worried about the price I was just asking for people’s personal opinions on whether they would rather own s brand new custom Silverburst for about $4500 or a resell for more money 

Edited by DK33

2 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

$4500 IMHO isn’t bad for a custom at all brand new. It’s a lot of dough but LP Customs cost a lot. They look like great guitars so good luck!

Thanks- I agree 

as I looked at nice resell Silverburst for more I found that I could get a new one (Custom 2021) for less 

I have a decent amount of killer vintage and collectible Les Pauls so on occasion I like the feeling of a new one especially since it appears to me the quality since 2019 (emerging from BK and new leadership) has been great on Gibson 

i bought 3 new 2019’s all really nice and 1 new 2020 also very nice - killer quality / sound / attention to detail etc 

thanks for your reply 

Edited by DK33

I would buy the new one.  As you mentioned it is less money than what they are asking for used ones, and it should be perfect with no dings or scratches and no quirky set-ups that the previous owner may have done.  I would never pay more for a used one that could have unknown issues when I could get a brand new one for less.

10 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

I would buy the new one.  As you mentioned it is less money than what they are asking for used ones, and it should be perfect with no dings or scratches and no quirky set-ups that the previous owner may have done.  I would never pay more for a used one that could have unknown issues when I could get a brand new one for less.

Thanks - I’m thinking the same thing 

Appreciate your reply 🤙

• 1 month later...