Gibson Brands Forums

What is the world coming to?

saturn

depends on your definition of metal. if thrash is what you like, i would say it has been dead for a while. metallica, slayer and megadeth stopped being thrash (IMO) a long time ago.

i will say that Slayer's Christ Illusion and Metallica's Death Magnetic were both a return to each band's roots. I stopped listening to Megadeth after Cryptic Writings. DM just pisses me off anyways- with his whiny voice and constant recycling of band members.

depends on your definition of metal. if thrash is what you like' date=' i would say it has been dead for a while. metallica, slayer and megadeth stopped being thrash (IMO) a long time ago.

i will say that Slayer's Christ Illusion and Metallica's Death Magnetic were both a return to each band's roots. I stopped listening to Megadeth after Cryptic Writings. DM just pisses me off anyways- with his whiny voice and constant recycling of band members.[/quote']

Nope! This new metal band called evile has a very classic thrash metal sound if you dont belive go look them up on youtube.

I'm watching the cartoon channel Boomerang (I know' date=' I'm lame) and Duck Dodgers is on. Anyway, this particular episode is about Dave Mustaine of Megadeath! WTF? I guess metal is truly dead :D [/quote']

I gotta tell ya, I asked the very same question when I first heard of "adult-oriented cartoons". It was suggested to me by my then 35 year old son, that Gramma and I might enjoy the new Scooby Doo movie.

I find the concept of adults(?) being entertained by cartoons somewhat unsettling. But for someone to be truly upset because one of their idols is the subject of a cartoon story is just beyond comprehension.

You need some, you need some, you need some MTV!

Archived