Gibson Brands Forums

"Don't Play Guitar"..Geoff Achison ..Warning: Cargill Custom Guitar

BluesKing777

Local guy Geoff Achison playing some acoustic blues on his Cargill Custom Guitar. 

I have my sensational Cargill, my "Black Pearl", nothing like a handmade guitar!

After listening to Geoff play, I might as well give it to him!

Link may not work, here goes:

https://www.facebook.com/457656101024134/videos/957636574977900/

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777
  • Confused 1

We’ve heard you play!  Definitely do not give him your guitar.......lol......Seriously though, I understand what you’re saying.  This guy is certainly a good picker (and so are you)....Several years ago I sat about four feet from Marty Stuart at a picnic table.  Just watching him move effortlessly all over the guitar neck made me wonder what the hell I was doing when I played...... Just use guys like this as inspiration.

20 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

We’ve heard you play!  Definitely do not give him your guitar.......lol......Seriously though, I understand what you’re saying.  This guy is certainly a good picker (and so are you)....Several years ago I sat about four feet from Marty Stuart at a picnic table.  Just watching him move effortlessly all over the guitar neck made me wonder what the hell I was doing when I played...... Just use guys like this as inspiration.

Thanks MP!

I wasn't really going to give him my guitar - he already has one! He may not even want mine - it has my own custom features like a big wide neck and spacing similar to Martin Mod Vs....no, we played it for 2 practice sessions yesterday...acoustically at lunchtime and plugged after work when the weirdos next door play gangster rap really, really loud.

So now I am thinking I need another Cargill ...in case something happens to this one![biggrin]

BluesKing777.

Hair?

I suppose real hair and a one off hand made custom spec guitar are both irreplaceable....can't get them off a rack!😵

I'm thinking an all mahogany including top in exactly the same shape and neck as my current Cargill for a spare Cargill...and gloss black 'cos I get bored with the mahogany brown look. Hmmm. Just needs money and a phone call...hmmm......

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777