Gibson Brands Forums

Audio jack

Erezgt

15 minutes ago, Fish Crumpet said:

That’s how I bought it, seller told me not a genuine “plate”. 
I don’t know if it’s the same drilled holes, mine looks super small as you can see in the pics.  And mine has 2 screws 

Edited by Erezgt

2 minutes ago, Fish Crumpet said:

Yes, yours looks recessed and tidy enough to look like a manufactured feature. Never seen that before. Perhaps a replacement would cover the existing holes. Have you removed that plate yet?

A cover might do the job but I’ll have to drill holes for that I guess, I wonder how come there’s not a single hole around 

oh. they didn't like the jack or the mounting plate .. they made their own from a small PCB board and a 1/4" connector.. 

like everyone else said.. buy a new one.

I probably wouldn't use another Neutrik connector..

I'd probably by a standard cover plate use that existing 1/4" if the solder was done correctly and just loop my guitar cable through the strap like the 'old' days .

• Like 1

That jack looks like something that’s destined to fail much sooner than a switchcraft jack. The more simple the better IMHO. I hate things with special parts that end up becoming difficult AF to find. Oh well… we live and we learn - hopefully. The input jacks on guitars usually are common places to have issues with guitars so don’t get something cheap in terms of quality. 

you guys thinks it’s a problem to use this element which has 3 soldering points as it’s stereo and not mono? Can I just solder 2 points? 

9 hours ago, Erezgt said:

I ordered this one 

but it has 3 soldering point and as far as I know guitars uses 2. 
any recommendations? 
679070FC-4D74-45C5-8EE7-B558C6A064F1.jpeg.73a70170a1fd69d943b953d7254dfba1.jpeg

1 minute ago, Erezgt said:

you guys thinks it’s a problem to use this element which has 3 soldering points as it’s stereo and not mono? Can I just solder 2 points? 

I'm pretty sure that you could only solder 2 wires to the pins on this jack while leaving the 3rd not connected and get it to work.  I know that I have used a stereo jack in a guitar in the past and done exactly this to get it to work.  Good luck with everything.