Gibson Brands Forums

Missing paperwork from new 60th Anniversary 61 Gibson Les Paul SG.

IOMMI

Hi there, everyone. I bought this new 60th Anniversary '61 Gibson Les Paul SG Custom from Guitar Center. The seal was broken, and about four weeks ago(when I got the guitar), I called Gibson to see if I could get the following items that I'm missing. They said they'd call me back. Never did.

After three weeks, I called a second time. I said, again, I'm missing the vintage tone circuit card, the white owner's manual, and another paper that just says the model, and serial; not the checklist.(Shown in the pictures below from another.) They told me to email them a picture, and that they'd call me back after they looked at the email. Again, I received no call back, or an email. 

Am I just out of luck on getting these three items? I paid cash for the guitar. I really love this guitar.  My guitar was used as the stock photos on Guitar Center's website. 

Thanks~. :]

20210525_123200.jpg

20210526_173844.jpg

3 hours ago, Fish Crumpet said:

Probably Guitar Center. The missing items are probably stuffed in the pocket of a Squier gigbag somewhere. I doubt Gibson would send it out without those things.

Bit of a drag that they didn't get back to you though. That's also atypical.

You're probably right. I've heard things like this happen before. I'm just not sure how, or why Guitar Center would remove some things, forget to put them back in, or just take them. LOL. 

Yeah. I'll probably just have to keep calling. 

Guitar Center is well know for having that sort of stuff missing.  They take a lot of polish cloths and multi-tools out of Gibsons as well.  Just one more reason not to buy from them.  As long as you have the COA that is the main thing if you ever want to resell the guitar.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

Guitar Center is well know for having that sort of stuff missing.  They take a lot of polish cloths and multi-tools out of Gibsons as well.  Just one more reason not to buy from them.  As long as you have the COA that is the main thing if you ever want to resell the guitar.

Yeah. I've heard bad stories; even from 10 years ago about stuff like this happening. I figured I might as well. They were the only ones with it in stock at the time. zZounds sold theirs the day I was going to buy one. Never had a problem from them.

I have everything important; COA/Checklist, etc. Just was trying to get a couple of the other minor things missing; like the owner's manual. 

12 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Are the pieces of paper used to disengage the sideways vibrola or is the whole thing meant to sit and look pretty? 🤭

Oh, I think sitting there, and looking pretty is one of its best applications. LOL. 😝