Gibson Brands Forums

DIP Switch

BGeorge

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro V

The Gibson Trad PRO V shares the same DNA with a Les Paul—mahogany body and neck, carved maple top—but it's also a completely evolved instrument. You'll feel it first. The body is weight-relieved, making it super comfortable to sling on the shoulder. The neck has an asymmetrical shape that fits like a glove. Thanks to the compound radius rosewood fretboard, you'll find it easier to solo in higher registers. And that's where you'll hear the difference, too.

Gibson loads the PRO V with dual Tradbucker pickups. The neck position humbucker is underwound for a warm, organic sound; the bridge is overwound, increasing the output. Both use alnico V magnets. Tweak your tones with advanced electronics. A push/pull performs a coil split or coil tap—it's your choice via a dip switch in the control cavity. In coil-split mode, the treble tone push/pull toggles between the inner and outer coils. The rhythm tone push/pull activates a phase switch, perfect if your tone pool is filled with deep British blues. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I'll never switch my dip. 

😗

BLACKENED-CHICKEN-WINGS-e1548348616799.j

But are you using it correctly?  That should be blue cheese dip and it is NOT for the wings.  You're supposed to eat the wings, then dip either the celery or carrot into the dip to cool the palette.   Small cherry tomatoes are also acceptable.   About 95% of people I see eating wings are dipping the wings into the dip which defeats the purpose of the "HOT" wing and the purpose of the veggies on the side.  I learned this from friends who spent several years in Buffalo and brought the hot wing experience back with them to Chicago. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

But are you using it correctly?  That should be blue cheese dip and it is NOT for the wings.  You're supposed to eat the wings, then dip either the celery or carrot into the dip to cool the palette.   Small cherry tomatoes are also acceptable.   About 95% of people I see eating wings are dipping the wings into the dip which defeats the purpose of the "HOT" wing and the purpose of the veggies on the side.  I learned this from friends who spent several years in Buffalo and brought the hot wing experience back with them to Chicago. 

Roger, that's generally how I go about my consumption of wings and celery. 

Blue Cheese dip normally, though sometimes a cool ranch is called for. 

I just had some wings last Friday evening. 
Mmmmm-mm-mmmmm. 

😘