Gibson Brands Forums

Dimensions of an SJ200?

nomigolfgirl

I found this in another thread. It appears to be from an SJ-200

The upper bout is 12.25", waist is 10.25", lower bout is 17", depth is 4.75" lower and 4" upper, body length is 21", total guitar lenth is 41.75".

Let me know if that's helpful, i can probably measure mine if you're looking for something that's not listed here.

The specs for the SJ/J200 changed over the decades.  The lower bout on our 1960 J200 as example, is a hair under 17" while the depth at the butt end is maybe 1/8" shy of 5".  The bracing, of course, is an extreme wide angle X brace above and below the soundhole with tall soundhole braces and  two ladder style tone bars.  Both X braces are less than 1" from the soundhole.  

Edited by zombywoof

Hopefully this user comes back to check this thread but probably found them elsewhere and this will be a lost cause- please don't put a big decal on the top of the guitar! While the intentions are good if it's a big decal on the top of the guitar or really anywhere on the guitar, it's going to to affect the sound of it and probably make the husband want to peel it off. 

proceed with caution!

It’s cutout and ready to go on the back of an Alvarez for a test run. If it looks good I’ll put one on the front. Family Covid issues have been sidelining me the past few weeks. Me and the wife are fine but the daughters family have been passing it around and I’ve been doing all their running around for them and when the grandson got released he came to stay with us until their house is clear. 
I should get back to this next week.