Gibson Brands Forums

2019 Gibson LP Lite: Pickup Issue

Adam H

Hi all. First time poster. Bought my first LP -- a used 2019 LP Classic Lite. I got it from Music Go Round a two weeks ago and finally putting it through its paces. The bridge pickup seemed a little lean and flimsy to me. I opened her up and the neck pickup has Gibson USA engraved and a sticker while the bridge pickup has no stamps or sticker and the hole layout is different. I realize the neck is supposed ot be a classic and bridge is a classic+. 

See pic. I am no expert and don't pretend to know a ton but does this look right or do you think the previous owner swapped out the classic plus for something? I can't find any other identifiers. Thanks so much for your thoughts. 

IMG_1709.HEIC IMG_1710.HEIC IMG_1711.HEIC

I can't do a thing with your photos.

if you have a facebook account, upload them there, then use the "Insert image from URL" link from "OTHER MEDIA" in the post edit window and copy the full FB URL there.

otherwise, imgur or something like that where you host them there, and link them here.

Edited by kidblast

22 hours ago, Adam H said:

See pic. I am no expert and don't pretend to know a ton but does this look right or do you think the previous owner swapped out the classic plus for something? I can't find any other identifiers. Thanks so much for your thoughts. 

I'm no expert either, but they dont look like paired pickups at all do they. The Bridge one is not etched, but more than that, its an entirely different metalic. The lighter colour & slight rainbow sheen suggest cheap alloy to me. Maybe Music Go Round would offer a aftersale discount? You didnt get what you thought you were getting after all. 

Good luck

Looks like someone replaced that bridge pickup.  I had a LP Lite, and it was the only Gibson I ever owned that had problems.  The pickup selector switch went bad and had to be replaced and the the bridge pickup died and also had to be replaced.  I had bought it new and did not abuse it, but for some reason it was plagued with problems no other LP I ever owned had.  Seems like your may have had a similar problem thus the replacement pickup.