Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for advice for a WAH pedal

sliptrip

Hey yall,

I'll be running a LP classic and an SG standard straight through a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 watt head. I need to get a wah pedal. a friend of mine will sell me his old original crybaby for $20. I've heard that the old crybabys are tone suckers. I'm really not looking for that. So, if I had to get a new one, I'd like to hear some recommendations. Should I get a VOX? or stick with a crybaby? If I had to get a new one, I'm leaning towards a Slash, Dimebag, or Hendrix model.

Yes, I know I'll hear alot of opinions.

I'm partial to my Morley Bad Horsie II. I like that the pedal is spring loaded, it activates when your foot touches it, and you can adjust the break in the wah to happen sooner or later. I think it's easiest to explain like this-

W-low tones, no high end

A-Regular guitar tone

H-extreme high end

You can adjust where in the pedal motion the "A" is located, either happening sooner with a bigger high end range, or happening later with a gradual build up of high end until it gets pushed over the normal tone.

I'm partial to my Morley Bad Horsie II. I like that the pedal is spring loaded' date=' it activates when your foot touches it, and you can adjust the break in the wah to happen sooner or later. I think it's easiest to explain like this-

W-low tones, no high end

A-Regular guitar tone

H-extreme high end

You can adjust where in the pedal motion the "A" is located, either happening sooner with a bigger high end range, or happening later with a gradual build up of high end until it gets pushed over the normal tone.

[/quote']

I love it too. Its just not what im used to.

Dija try it out with your rig? Didja like it? If so it's worth 20 bucks so buy it. If not take the advice from the posts above.

I will be tonight after work. yeah, if it's a POS, then I only wasted $20. If not, then I won out. He said it's about 15 years old and he hasn't used it in a while.

Archived