Gibson Brands Forums

Virtuoso!

Buc McMaster

Hurrah for Virtuoso Guitar Polish! I have never been one for polishing my guitar, preferring to let the ravages of blood, sweat and tears over the years age the instrument......I don't abuse it, but I do use it. From 2006 to 2008 my SJ200 endured the rigors of the stage with a working band and had the look to prove it. Now I play within the walls of home and decided it was time to "clean 'er up!" An application of the Virtuoso Cleaner followed by the Polish made this old warrior look showroom new! Astounding! The cleaner removed the dulling on the lower bout where my forearm rests and amazingly even removed the shirt button scratches from the back! (Always careful not to bang it on a belt buckle!) The polish sealed the deal with a very "deep" looking finish......I'm impressed with this stuff. I find it hard to believe that companys like Martin, Fender, etc. put their name on the watery thin sprays that are called "polishes" today. It's terrible stuff, usually leaving a dulling haze on a guitar that's tough to buff out. No so with Virtuoso! This stuff acts like a high quality auto paste wax and buffs out with no residue. Highly recommended if you're looking for a great instrument polish!

I have heard great things about that stuff..... I may have to pick some up! I don't "overly" love my guitars to death, but I do like a nice shine, especially on my Gibson AJ with the burst. I have used Zymol which is an excellent Carnuba car wax on them before and it sounds much like the Virtuoso. I heard that Carnuba wax is a must as an ingrediant for guitars.

It is so hard to find superlative polishes off the shelf in the UK. I use Gibson pump polish when I can find it, but the size of the container means that I've had it confiscated at airports when touring before. It's pricey stuff, and to lose a £25 pot of polish to some schmuck at check-in who has no idea what it is worth or what it's for is kinda annoying.

I recently relacquered a section of the top of my SJ200 that had worn away with pick use, and, along with replacing the previous worn-out scratchplate, I wet-flatted the top with ultra fine emery paper, then brought it up with gentle cutting polish, followed by two coats of perfectionist's automotive wax for vintage cars, which made it look absolutely beautiful. That was at the end of 2008, and it stills looks great now.

Hey guy's. Check these threads. It comes HIGHLY recommended. If memory serves me, it's only like $15 bucks a bottle, and lasts forever.

Virtuoso is the only way to go. Good Stuff Vern.

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12361

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=11201

Archived