Gibson Brands Forums

Wedding Songs

Californiaman

Californiagirl and yours truly had this fantastic Tracy Chapman song as our wedding song. People to this day still talk about what a wonderful experience they had at our wedding. That's probably because we planned the entire ceremony ourselves. We had dear friends, church members, and of course family a part of our celebration.

Anyway, here's our wedding song.

What was yours?

The jazz band I was in played as the people were entering. Then when it was time for her to walk down the aisle I put the guitar down when they played the traditional wedding song.

During the reception our song was SRV - Life without you.

The jazz band I was in played as the people were entering. Then when it was time for her to walk down the aisle I put the guitar down when they played the traditional wedding song.

During the reception our song was SRV - Life without you.

That's so cool!

At our reception, we had the DJ play "When I Fall In Love" by Nat King Cole.

It was the perfect song to have a slow dance with my beautiful wife.

We had a tiny little quickie wedding in Vegas. I walked down the aisle to Pachelbel's Canon. We had no reception until a couple of months later and there was no music.

The coolest wedding I've been a part of was the last one that I played piano for. I pretty much did the entirity of Van Morrison's catalog. Everything from "Into the Mystic" to "Have I Told You Lately" and (groom's request) "Tupelo Honey."

OK, I don't know a lot of those tunes, but you know, there's a lot cools songs out there for weddings.

Wang Dang Sweet Poontang!

How about, "I'm 'Sposed To Have Sex With You", hell I don't even remember who it's by but sure was funny in the late '80s.

Archived