Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Les Paul for metal?

ddsax422

Kirk Hammett owns one of the most famous Les Pauls on the planet..  He does ok with it  🙂  And the pickups you get on the Slash models are usually hotter than on Standards.

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Kirk Hammett owns one of the most famous Les Pauls on the planet..  He does ok with it  🙂  And the pickups you get on the Slash models are usually hotter than on Standards.

It's nice to hear Hammett have a decent tone again. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 2:19 PM, Rabs said:

I saw that video, that's what led me to make this topic. 😂

• Haha 1

The Victoria sounds nice. Haven't played it tho. Not sure how the Slash neck profil feels. 

The Epiphone Victoria demos sound damn good too, but it's a little too expensive for a poly finish. 

And the Gibson Victoria is a little too expensive, period. 

15 minutes ago, valtyr said:

I have one. The pickups are hotter than other models. I don’t know about extreme stuff, but it would be fine for classic metal. The neck is thick, like the 50s profile.

Yeah they all do have fat 50s necks..  Which is a shame as I cant get on with them.. They cramp my hand up.. Otherwise I would have a Slash model or two or three 😄 

Im a huge fan so instead I went for a LP Classic which has hot ceramic pickups and I get the look I want but with a nice 60s slim neck. And I have a Slash SL5 amp to go with it.. 

f02wkiR.jpg

On 2/1/2022 at 6:04 AM, valtyr said:

I have one. The pickups are hotter than other models. I don’t know about extreme stuff, but it would be fine for classic metal. The neck is thick, like the 50s profile.

Like the 50s Standard of today or the '59?

I'm with Rabs... The baseball bats don't work for me either. Then some 60s slim taper necks are too thin (some of the Tributes). The 60s Standard today is perfect for me. I could go a little thicker but not 1950 thick.