Gibson Brands Forums

That's a lot better than an Ipod....

rscott4079

I was reading a story on the President and First Lady's visit to France. Interesting note at the end of the story:

"The American first lady appeared to come away from the day with a host of new international friends. The French "premiere dame" had something more tangible to take home: Michelle Obama gave Carla Bruni-Sarkozy a Gibson acoustic guitar."

I bet it was a Hummingbird.

Wait a second. I thought Obama was supposed to be all "yo-yo-yo". Remember all that talk about the KFC flag? Rap parties at the White House? Pimped out vehicles? Shouldnt they have given them Lakers jerseys or something more "ghetto" in that case? +:-@ A guitar? Say it aint so.

Further proof the Obamas have good taste and know what they are doing. Gonna go find a pic of the guitar if i can. Nice pick by the way if its a Legend. Should have been a LP though

I think it's a beautiful avatar. Whoever sent it to you is obviously a person of taste and refinement.

Go Beavs! And thanks again for the inlay.

Ha! I guess you had to be one or the other Mr. Scott!! I have many Beaver friends and was actually rooting hard for them to win their game last night. I just can't for the life of me figure out who could have sent it to him given the description! lol See you at the "Cooler" before the Civil War Game next year.

Now' date=' back to a Gibson related thing. KSDADDY- Is your CJ-165 maple or rosewood? I'm starting to GAS a bit, right out of the blue. I need to CALM FRIGGIN' DOWN!!! Help, help me!![/size']

Archived