Gibson Brands Forums

what is my epiphone

Gage Gibson

It sounds like a g400 deluxe, I'm not sure they were made in 2010 though. The serial number doesn't quite add up for 2010 either, after 08 the format would be YYMMFF..... with the middle numbers indicating factory. A g400 from 2010 would also most likely have a 15 factory code for Qingdao. 

If stock, the Gibson trc could also point to an earlier year too.

How long have you had it?

2 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Serial number: 101071859

Production year: October 2010 (serial: 71859)

Made by Samick, Korea

Flametop G400 Deluxe

epiphone-g400-sg-deluxe-flametop-255484.

This was not made by Samick Korea in 2010. AFAIK they stopped producing for epiphone in about 2002, the Samick company do still produce for them in Indonesia though I believe. This serial number also doesn't fit a standard 2010 format. 

This is why serial number de coders do not work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt4356 said:

This was not made by Samick Korea in 2010. AFAIK they stopped producing for epiphone in about 2002, the Samick company do still produce for them in Indonesia though I believe. This serial number also doesn't fit a standard 2010 format. 

This is why serial number de coders do not work.

The Guitar Insite data base reported that it was made in Korea by Samick in 2010. 

https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-epiphone_eng.php

Edited by mihcmac

1990's Epiphones had "G I B S O N" on the truss rod covers (my '97 Special II does, as does my Kat from '00).  It's probably an '01 (not a '10).  I don't know when they switched to the epsilon "E" on the cover, but it was right around '01 I think.