Gibson Brands Forums

Stung by warranty issue

Tega.tm

24 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Well good..  

Maybe the guitar was testing you to see if you were worthy of it  😄  Now it will be loyal to you for the rest of its life.

This was my thinking.. and my 2mm estimate was wrong the action is sweet now at 1.7 low E and 1.1 high e.. what a turn up for the books.. considering it wouldn’t even go down too 2.5.. and again sorry for all the hassle and measurements.. I will now have some catching up to do..  not sure what’s happened but I’ll take it!

22 minutes ago, Tega.tm said:

This was my thinking.. and my 2mm estimate was wrong the action is sweet now at 1.7 low E and 1.1 high e.. what a turn up for the books.. considering it wouldn’t even go down too 2.5.. and again sorry for all the hassle and measurements.. I will now have some catching up to do..  not sure what’s happened but I’ll take it!

Well happy playing.. As I think I said before.. Theres nothing quite like a good Les Paul.

Are we allowed some pictures? I just realised no one asked.. And its kind of a forum tradition.. We like to see the  guitars we are talking about...

41 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Well happy playing.. As I think I said before.. Theres nothing quite like a good Les Paul.

Are we allowed some pictures? I just realised no one asked.. And its kind of a forum tradition.. We like to see the  guitars we are talking about...

Yes.. sorry

not sure why it’s sideways but there she is 🤘🏼

8B0959D2-3892-4978-B08D-03B52FB72279.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IanHenry said:

Good to hear that you've solved all your problems and are now happy with your Les Paul, she looks a beauty.

I think I'd avoid the shop where you bought it in future though.

Enjoy it😄 

Yes quite.. I get my next one from thonmans I think 🤔 

• 1 year later...

Update..

thought I should let you guys know the outcome of this.. 

the guitar ended up going back to Gibson to look at… they said it was no good and sent me a new one. It was cracked along the tenon joint.

the new one played out the box and I have only had to tune it a handful of times since October last year.. 

so all good now 👍 

again thanks for all your help and suggestions 

• Like 1