Gibson Brands Forums

passive pickups on my bullseye?!?

cursed

hey guyz,,i got my first real gibson guitar,,it`s a used gibson bullseye zakk wylde sig gtr

but the thing that it got a passive pickups not as wat i can read In the internet "emg 81/85"

it got emg-hz

so wat`s wrong with that?:-k

is it fake or gibson made some with passive pickups?

i`m worried if it`s fake or somethin and i wanna know ASAP cuz i still can give it back till tomorrow

thnx

here`s some pics of it

070420091664.jpg

w480.png

070420091668.jpg

w480.png

070420091667.jpg

w480.png

070420091665.jpg

w480.png

THERE`S 1 MORE PIC OF THE HEADSTOCK I`M HOSTING IT AND MY INTERNET SUCKS

guyz,,on the back of the headstock it`s drilled "made in usa" and also a serial number wich is " 02005571"

and i checked it online here http://www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.aspx

and this was written

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

July 19th, 2005

Production Number: 271

i dunno =;

the guy sold it to me for 1300$ and it`s a real gd price !! and i don`t wanna waste this gtr bcz I THINK IT`S FAKE ,,,i want to know and get satisfied

btw,those pics were taken from my mobile cam since i lost my cam and they not great

remember, if it's too good to be true, than it probably is! And a fake can have a true serial number on it. You have to compare the physical characteristics to a genuine one. Do ALOT of online research. I would take it back and go get a new studio LP.

the thing is that i`m not expert with gibson guitars

and this guy live way farther from where i live

so i went to his place and took those pics

and he`s comming tommorow to somewhere close where i supposed to meet him and give him the money and take the gtr

so it`s not in my hands now and that website is the best thing i got so far,,that`s why i`ve posted this topic here so to get help from some experts in here

thnx

Cursed

Guys here have seen many many fakes in the past

and know one when they see it.

And from what I can see in your pics, it's a fake.

The shape of the head stock is wrong. A typical

shape of a fake one.

Get your money back while you can.

it looks the same but the colors

and i can`t be sure bcz ur comparin a pic that was taken in studio or somethin to a normal pic through my phone cam

i`m gonna upload the rest 3 pics,,,and guyz i`m here to get helps and u all don`t want me to get ripped :D right?

so help me plz

it`s that i want it and afraid,,,damn

it looks the same but the colors

and i can`t be sure bcz ur comparin a pic that was taken in studio or somethin to a normal pic through my phone cam

i`m gonna upload the rest 3 pics' date=',,and guyz i`m here to get helps and u all don`t want me to get ripped :D right?

so help me plz

it`s that i want it and afraid,,,damn[/quote']

Hey man, nobody is knocking you for asking ... you're doing the right thing by verifying it. Truth is, there are a lot of signs that the guitar is a fake ... Axe listed several above that can be seen just from the small pictures. When you compare it to the other picture that Axe put up, you can clearly see the detailed differences between the two.

Nobody wants you to get ripped off ... aside from the guy who is selling it to you.

You said earlier that you can return it, but just mentioned that you're suppose to meet him tomorrow to get it? Have you given him any money yet?

i paid him and i tried it and it feels amazin and i dunno ,,,guyz how could u be so 100% sure of mobile pics?

i`m not expert in gibson that`s why i`m comfused

if it was ibanez , musicman,,,etc i`ll kno everything bout it but gibson,,,,i kno nuthing,,,

i paid him and i tried it and it feels amazin and i dunno ' date=',,guyz how could u be so 100% sure of mobile pics?

i`m not expert in gibson that`s why i`m comfused

if it was ibanez , musicman,,,etc i`ll kno everything bout it but gibson,,,,i kno nuthing,,,[/quote']

Does this look familiar?: http://www.ioffer.com/i/New-Zakk-Wylde-Les-Paul-Custom-Gibson-Electric-guitar--100939195

It's one of thousands upon thousands of fakes that are all over the internet. Chances are very good your seller paid no more than a couple of hundred bucks to have it shipped over from China. It's a business for many criminals.

Btw., does your truss rod cover have 2 or 3 screws? I can't tell by the pictures but it looks like 3. Either way, it doesn't matter a hell of a lot unfortunately, as you can see by the link to the fake above that some of the fakes are now using 2 screws.

Wait, in your first post you said you had it and you could "take it back."

Then you said you already paid him and he's bringing in tomorrow...

I dunno man, that one is definitely a fake, the people on this forum are OBSESSED with spotting fake Gibsons, I would definitely listen to them.

Frankly I think THIS guy is a fake. The terrible grammar, no introduction post just a "I need your help post", and the clincher for me, the fact that he's asking for help determining if its a fake, yet he refuses to really believe it and he asks for more reasons why.

I'm going to speculate that this is either a kid or someone looking to sell this fake guitar. You guys are top notch at finding fake Gibsons but I think as a forum we need to work on finding fake people in need.

why ""Definitely a fake ""

if it`s bout the money

the guy who sold it to me is very rich and he doesn`t care

plz tell me why ' date=',reasons ,,not just "fake"

[/quote']

I bet you he got rich by ripping off dudes like you that didnt know better at the time... stick around and you will learn some stuff and they wont get you that easy the next time.

Wait' date=' in your first post you said you had it and you could "take it back."

Then you said you already paid him and he's bringing in tomorrow...

I dunno man, that one is definitely a fake, the people on this forum are OBSESSED with spotting fake Gibsons, I would definitely listen to them.

Frankly I think THIS guy is a fake. The terrible grammar, no introduction post just a "I need your help post", and the clincher for me, the fact that he's asking for help determining if its a fake, yet he refuses to really believe it and he asks for more reasons why.

I'm going to speculate that this is either a kid or someone looking to sell this fake guitar. You guys are top notch at finding fake Gibsons but I think as a forum we need to work on finding fake people in need.[/quote']

I couldn't agree more...

His lies don't match.

Archived