Gibson Brands Forums

New pickups installed!

Guitar God

So, I got the DiMarzio Super Distortion and DiMarzio PAF 36 Anniversary pickup set installed in my black 2002 Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I'm sure a lot of you are probably familiar with that set that a description probably isn't needed or at least with the Super Distortion. Yes, I went for an Ace Frehley vibe with this one.  That's what he uses. I had a new DiMarzio jack installed, too. Only thing left to do is throw on that truss rod cover and install some strap locks. Got it fully set up right, too. Needed minor fret worrk on those bad spots where I mentioned it choking/fretting out on a couple of high frets while bending. Setup perfectly fine now. I'm pretty pleased with it. 
https://i.imgur.com/GctYoHt.jpg

Edited by Guitar God

Thanks!  Man, I don't know why I have issues posting pics on this forum. I've done what people said on how.  There is a horror movie relate forum that I am also apart of and I have no issue with pics there.  Ugh!  I use Imgur.

5 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Thanks!  Man, I don't know why I have issues posting pics on this forum. I've done what people said on how.  There is a horror movie relate forum that I am also apart of and I have no issue with pics there.  Ugh!  I use Imgur.

Its really easy if you already use imgur..  Simply right click on the picture in imgur, hit Copy and then right click in your post and press Paste (or ctrl C for copy and ctrl  V for paste)... 

GctYoHt.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, Rabs said:

Its really easy if you already use imgur..  Simply right click on the picture in imgur, hit Copy and then right click in your post and press Paste (or ctrl C for copy and ctrl  V for paste)... 

GctYoHt.jpg

Thanks! I do that, but I copy and paste the link it says for forums and then I right click and hit paste. Someone else told me to remove a part of the link, too, to get it to work better.  Weird, because it acts odd on here for me. 

12 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Thanks! I do that, but I copy and paste the link it says for forums and then I right click and hit paste. Someone else told me to remove a part of the link, too, to get it to work better.  Weird, because it acts odd on here for me. 

When you first paste your image link into your post there will be a grey bar at the bottom that says "Your link has been automatically imbedded".   "Display as link instead"

If you click on the grey bar the image will display as a Link and not a pic. Don't click on it and just enter the text part of your message and the grey bar will go away and the image will remain..

Cc2IfT5.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, mihcmac said:

When you first paste your image link into your post there will be a grey bar at the bottom that says "Your link has been automatically imbedded".   "Display as link instead"

If you click on the grey bar the image will display as a Link and not a pic. Don't click on it and just enter the text part of your message and the grey bar will go away and the image will remain..

Cc2IfT5.jpg

I think I got it figured out now! I was doing it the way I always did, which was just copy and paste the link like I always did. Worked on here for me that way on here for awhile.