Gibson Brands Forums

More Live Zappa

Sgt. Pepper

Just announced the other day there is yet another new live Zappa set coming out from 1975, but without the Captain greasing the microphone. Recently we have had these nuggets released form the Vault  The Roxy Performances, 3 Halloween Sets, The Mothers in 1970, Frank's Last American Concert '88, The Mothers 1971, The 50th Anniversary of the Fillmore East '71 LP on vinyl only, The Mothers At The Rainbow Theater when Frank got pushed off stage and is vinyl only too, and we just had Zappa / Erie released, and now Zappa '75 Zagrab / Ljubijana. It was the only two shows Frank played Yugoslavia. They took the best performances of each night and made a single concert from it. At least they are not $100 with dumb extra packaging and lame fake hands. There is a special edition with 3 pics of Frank (wow I don't know what he looks like), and a standard CD. The special one is $35 and the other is $20.

https://www.zappa.com/news/presenting-zappa-75-zagreb-ljubljana-coming-oct-14-2022-pre-order-now

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I discovered Zappa and the Mothers in '67.  Two years after their first LP.  Been a fan since.  But not the kind that ape shits over every significant and insignificant release of something.  Same with Hendrix.  I haven't heard anything worth putting money out for that was released after he died.  And Dylan freak I've been for much of my life there WERE some LPs of his I've never had any use for and never bought(LONG TRAIN COMING chief among them).  And I knew several people who couldn't stand Zappa.

But  OGRE must be beside himself.

Whitefang

15 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I discovered Zappa and the Mothers in '67.  Two years after their first LP.  Been a fan since.  But not the kind that ape shits over every significant and insignificant release of something.  Same with Hendrix.  I haven't heard anything worth putting money out for that was released after he died.  And Dylan freak I've been for much of my life there WERE some LPs of his I've never had any use for and never bought(LONG TRAIN COMING chief among them).  And I knew several people who couldn't stand Zappa.

But  OGRE must be beside himself.

Whitefang

The live stuff that has been released since his death has been both great and not so great. Some of the recordings are what Frank used to call Guerrilla Recordings with not the best fidelity. Its one thing which is live Frank. He can't go back and remake this stuff. Some of the music will curl your toes up and some was a waste of recording tape. I'm not sure if the Vaultmeitster is doing any editing or if the music is going our warts and all. 

Slow Train Coming is the last Dylan album I own. Blood On The Tracks is my fav, and I think his best work. Now he is just an old guy who mumbles when he, and I'll use the term very loosely - sings.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Slow Train Coming is the last Dylan album I own. Blood On The Tracks is my fav, and I think his best work. Now he is just an old guy who mumbles when he, and I'll use the term very loosely - sings.

Of the Dylan LPs I have I can't really single out a favorite.   The last LP of his I own is LOVE AND THEFT.  There is IMHO several tunes on there I like.  But I wouldn't say he mumbles.  Sounds more to me like he grumbles.   But then as we know, it was never Dylan's voice that made him famous. 

Whitefang

16 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Of the Dylan LPs I have I can't really single out a favorite.   The last LP of his I own is LOVE AND THEFT.  There is IMHO several tunes on there I like.  But I wouldn't say he mumbles.  Sounds more to me like he grumbles.   But then as we know, it was never Dylan's voice that made him famous. 

Whitefang

The last time I saw him live when he did that Minor League Baseball Stadium tour, I couldn't understand what the hell was coming out of his mouth. 

Mumble mumble outta here mumble mumble mumble joker mumble thief. It was so bad. It is too bad that will be my wife's only memory seeing him.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper