• Last Reply

Like I said why limit your self

Coke not Pepsi

McDonald's not Burger King

Harley not anything else

Ford not Chevy

Black not White

Democrat not Republican

Everyone is so caught up in limiting there life and experiences it truly is a shame.

Wrong again

But thats ok enjoy the only options you leave yourself with.

You really hate it when people prove you wrong huh? Let me guess, your one of those people that thinks age means wisdom?

Why don't you go to sleep now, I hear that yawning is a sign of your brain needing oxygen, and not of being tired [-(

I find it funny you keep saying people that only use tube amps leave themselves only one option...Did you ever think some people use more than one tube amp for recordings or live ?....Personally I use 2 different tube amps live....One for clean and one for distortion....No distortion pedal either....So I think that's giving myself options.

No one has proven me wrong explain yourself

Actually....He did prove you wrong....The following is a quote from James Hetfield:

"My same old Mesa Boogie amps still work the best. We use a combination of things' date=' like an ADA MP-1 preamp, but the Boogie Simul-Class II is the main part of the sound. It goes through a combination of cabinets: Boogies, which are good for clean, cutting stuff, and Marshalls with 30 watt vintage speakers for warmth. I got really good clean sounds playing Kirk's Tom Anderson strat through a Roland JC120 amp and plugging straight into the desk through an old MXR Dynacomp compressor [Think of the tone on "Nothing Else Matters"-MJF']." Guitar Player, September 1991

....So yeah....Guitar Player, September 1991

I find it funny you keep saying people that only use tube amps leave themselves only one option...Did you ever think some people use more than one tube amp for recordings or live ?....Personally I use 2 different tube amps live....One for clean and one for distortion....No distortion pedal either....So I think that's giving myself options.

That is not at all what I'm saying.

Your limiting your options plane and simple. It's not that difficult really

I use a Marshall JMP live one channel and no distortion pedals I go from clean to overdrive using my playing and guitars volume.

I don't need anything else but that does not mean I can't use it if it sounds good

Once again why would you limit yourself to not even thinking about anything else. for any other purpose.

That is not at all what I'm saying.

Your limiting your options plane and simple. It's not that difficult really

I use a Marshall JMP live one channel and no distortion pedals I go from clean to overdrive using my playing and guitars volume.

I don't need anything else but that does not mean I can't use it if it sounds good

Once again why would you limit yourself to not even thinking about anything else. for any other purpose.

No...I'm really not....I spent years figuring out what amp works best for me and I've owned quite a few solid state amps over the years....Randalls being the best solid states I've ever used.....But in the end a tube amp sounds rounder, fuller, warmer, and louder....Nobody is right or wrong here....You just gotta use what's good for you.

Actually....He did prove you wrong....The following is a quote from James Hetfield:

"My same old Mesa Boogie amps still work the best. We use a combination of things' date=' like an ADA MP-1 preamp, but the Boogie Simul-Class II is the main part of the sound. It goes through a combination of cabinets: Boogies, which are good for clean, cutting stuff, and Marshalls with 30 watt vintage speakers for warmth. I got really good clean sounds playing Kirk's Tom Anderson strat through a Roland JC120 amp and plugging straight into the desk through an old MXR Dynacomp compressor [Think of the tone on "Nothing Else Matters"-MJF']." Guitar Player, September 1991

....So yeah....Guitar Player, September 1991

Sorry but thats only one instant he also has used them with preamps and some of them SS. But you keep getting all you info from mags.

Sorry but thats only one instant he also has used them with preamps and some of them SS. But you keep getting all you info from mags.

Whatever you say dude....That's just one quote....While I'd love to stay up all night arguing with someone who can't take being wrong I've got much more important things to do...Isn't it past your bedtime ?

Oh...and here's a few more:

Also on hand were a veritable battery of amps, all of which were put to good use. "At one point I had 14 amps going at once...for a clean sound. I wanted to get a variety of clean sounds on this album instead of relying exclusively on the Roland JC-120, which has traditionally been the source of Metallica's clean sound. It was tough going though, because the Roland sounds so good that you want to keep going back to it. But we found some other cool aamps, particularly this little Matchless Spitfire that really kicks *** and an old tweed Fender Twin that's so sharp it'll take your nuts off!" Guitar World, July 1996

http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/jamesamps.html

....That should give you some good reading material.

ya and I guess your just an authority aren't you. There are solo's using the JC pre amps but hay If you can't find an artical about it than I guess it just didn't happen.

I thought you had better things to do anyway?

I do....Just felt like posting that....I'm not an authority...You are....I just posted info that's been published before...You just know everything.

I know more than you that is true.

Sure you do....Keep believing that....Every comment you make just proves my point...You can't take being wrong....Funny thing is I agreed with you about some solid state amps being good....And when my friend solacematt happened to correct some information you posted you couldn't handle that....So yeah...Unless you're James Hetfield or you work for him your information you claim to have about his gear (with nothing to back up your claims) even after published information from his own mouth is put in front of you proving the crap that comes out of your mouth is wrong means nothing.

I've worked for many artists as a roadie doing backline. I don't have anything to prove that you wouldn't try do disbelieve nor do I need to prove anything.

That's the great thing about the internet isn't it ?....And just doing backline doesn't make you an authority....If you were his tech that would make you an authority....I also never said he didn't have that amplifier in his live rig....Nor did I say his rig wasn't extensive.... It's widely known that live his distortion comes from Mesa's, Diezels, and Krank (recently)....I never said he didn't use a Roland....I just stated it was for clean.

Archived