Gibson Brands Forums

God Bless Richlite

SteveFord

1 hour ago, Twang Gang said:

Boy those knives seem pricey to me regardless of the material.  

I have a Custom Shop 356 with a Richlite fingerboard.  Hard to tell it from Ebony as far as feel and looks.  It has held up perfectly or 5 years now, so I think it was a good choice for Gibson to use when they were having the Ebony problems.

They were not having problems, they were not allowed to use it at the time due to . . . well we all know why. 

3 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

We can quibble semantics, but I'd say not being able to use it, and having a lot of it confiscated was a problem.

Right it was Gibson’s problem created by them for wrong doings. But some here will say the government singled them out. Believe what you want.

7 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'll let you have the last word on that one again, Sarge.  

Since you will let me I'll take it. You guys all turn a blind eye to all the BS Gibson has done in the past,( the bankruptcy, Henry almost ruining the company you guys love by over extending and going into debt, The Mark Agnessi classic Play Iconic video they obviously forced him to do, and was taken down a day later, due to I'm sure Gibsons legal team going who the hell didn't check with us first before putting that out, the wood raid, horrible QA, the running over a whole slew of Firebird X's, I'm sure for a nice tax write off, and so on), but  just as long as they keep pumping out Les Paul's with 50's necks, and Banner Reissue J-45's you guys are happy. Martin has been a family run business with a guy named Martin at the helm since day one, and pretty soon I hear Chris IV is going to step down, and I think another Martin will be in charge. I think maybe his daughter, if I remember correctly. Martins only issue I can recall are the binding and neck reset stuff. Maybe they started using different, or not enough glue? The necks leaving the factory under set in my opinion is on Martin and makes the look bad as well. Yet people who own Gibson's come here and show off their awfully QA'ed brand new guitars, and the thing that gets posted all the time is "Thats not bad, I would keep that". Would you really. Okay then buy it off the guy for the price he paid if its such a great guitar. Its sad because I used to love my Gibson's. My BB King was the best electric guitar I ever owned. 

See I ended on a happy note.