Gibson Brands Forums

Someone pinch me

SteveFord

On 1/26/2023 at 9:42 AM, Whitefang said:

For the same reason someone buys a KIA SOUL.

Or gets a Pit Bull as a pet.

Some people LIKE ugly.  [wink]  (could be why my wife married me.)

Whitefang

My wife married me for the same reason……and the reason I know that is because she drives a Kia Soul (bright yellow).  I feel like a TAYLOR swift fan when I drive it….lol

Edited by MissouriPicker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Remember when she won the MTV award and Kanye West went on stage?  That was 14 years ago.  Her fans who were 14 at that time are 28 now.  

I have seen clips of it on YT, but I did not watch in real time, as MTV was only good for a few years, ya know when they played music video's, and is now a just a channel that has Giudo's on it and Mom's who get knocked up in their teens. Thanks for The Real World MTV and reality TV.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

You know what the beginning of the end actually was?  

This was the first thing I remember MTV doing that wasn't music, and it was a huge success (1987-1990): 

Screen%20Shot%202021-03-20%20at%2022-06-

I was in the Navy then and stationed in Japan. and we had Japanese TV and the military broadcast on AFRTS (Armed Forces Radio TV Service).

Steve did you buy the Green J-45, its gone? Someone needs to post a NGD. Wow someone paid 4.5k for that when they could have gotten one in a normal color at 2.8k.I guess the green color, and flaws was worth an extra 1.7k to someone?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

23 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I snoozed, I losed.

Some lucky stiff gets to own Kermit's Home Depot Special.

Nope the green afterbirth is back. It was gone. Someone must have had it in there cart, but down the bottle down, went to bed, woke up sober, and said "what the hell was I thinking?"

Home Depots color is Orange. Now is there gonna be an Home Depot J-45? Case candy will include a Ryobi bit set, with quick change attachment, and a Klein 11 in 1 screwdriver.

The Home Depot core color is orange PMS 165.
Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Home Depots color is Orange. Now is there gonna be an Home Depot J-45? Case candy will include a Ryobi bit set, with quick change attachment, and a Klein 11 in 1 screwdriver.

The Home Depot core color is orange PMS 165.

So then maybe it's Kermit's MENARDS special?  [wink]

retail_menards_main.jpg

Whitefang

28 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

So then maybe it's Kermit's MENARDS special?  [wink]

retail_menards_main.jpg

Whitefang

If Kermit The Frog Green is their color, then sure. But that looks like Forest or Hunter Green. I know Lowes color is some shade of blue. Why is a Lowe's always across the street or down the street from a Home Depot?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Maybe I can swing a package deal and get this bad boy:

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/MOD-RAM019935/Emerald-Satin

Do a Hot Tuna tribute with an acoustic set of Kermie and then come back out for an electric set on what I fondly think of as The Vomit Comet!!!

Luckily, the truss rod cover is on there crooked so it won't get lost in the crowd.

Edited by SteveFord

11 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Luckily, the truss rod cover is on there crooked so it won't get lost in the crowd.

Just a bit, must have been a 3 joint lunch that day.

Like I said, slag on Martin all you want, but his is posted on Gibson's own site. Hey look at our wonky TRC, and crooked tuners, and opps the new guy bumped it into the corner of the work bench, and they post pics of it. And that one guy who could rest a drill bit on his binding, but it doesn't pop off so its acceptable.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

"And that one guy who could rest a drill bit on his binding, but it doesn't pop off so its acceptable."

true story.

20220629-142123.jpg

Sorry. Ears were burning. Plus, I was bored.

I forgot that was yours. That’s just total lack of care, and let’s get this out the door for another sale.

• Haha 1