Gibson Brands Forums

Blackmore's Night. Acoustic Richie?

Murph

I started a thread in the Acoustic side, but no hits in a few hours makes me wonder. Is he off the radar?

I actually own 3 of them.

1; Under A Violet Moon.

2; Shadow Of The Moon.

3; Fires At Midnight.

He's still on his game, it's just a different touch. But, he still has it goin' on.

I wish him the best.

Murph.

I saw some behind the music thing or something along those lines about Deep Purple and what struck me about Blackmore was that him and DP got on the hard rock bandwagon as kind of a last effort for mainstream success.

I saw one of these at Barnes & Noble the other day and almost got it. I'll grab it next time I'm in there.

I saw some behind the music thing or something along those lines about Deep Purple and what struck me about Blackmore was that him and DP got on the hard rock bandwagon as kind of a last effort for mainstream success.

Hmmmm.

I'm gonna have to say they invented heavy metal. "Machinehead" was like 1972.

Still to this day one of the greatist albums of all times, recorded in a mobile unit. Give me a break. Production, vocals, Ian Gillan will kick yer a$$, Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Lord, sheeze.

I just think the acoustic side is a good thing, and do it myself. It doesn't ALL have to be hard rock. I enjoy listening to all three cd's, knowing his history and such.

Best to ya.

Murph.

I'll have to check these out. Quite possible I will have to get an import though. I hate the record companies who dictate what is and is not distributed.

Would you believe you can not buy the latest Larry Carlton Best Of CD here in Australia? The guy only toured here a year ago!!

Its like a cartel here - the same goes for book and music publishing.

Ritchie Blackmore is very much on the radar as far as I am concerned. Saw Blackmores Knight in June 2007 in the uk and me and my wife loved it. I grew up on purple and rainbow gillan whitesnake etc. He has taken a lot of stick in the past for so called selling out to the fairys but if you dip your toe into the Blackmores Knight pool you will not look back.Im not into the garb and dressing up thing but the music is still very very powerful and joy to listen to and see. Ritchie hasn,t lost a thing and can still turn it on when he wants to. Ive got all the dvd,s and cd,s and I love it. People were to quick to scoff without taking a look. I do feel sorry for blinkerd people. On the Jethro Tull thing Ian Anderson did play in one of early line ups for a while. Great stuff.

His acoustic work, having studied it a bit, amazes me. Richie has such a nice touch. Always has, actually.

"Maybe I'm A Leo", from MACHINEHEAD, had some nice electric blues touch, way before SRV.

Just a great player.

Murph.

His acoustic work' date=' having studied it a bit, amazes me. Richie has such a nice touch. Always has, actually.

"Maybe I'm A Leo", from MACHINEHEAD, had some nice electric blues touch, way before SRV.

Just a great player.

Murph.[/quote']

Made in Japan is my all-time favourite live album.

'Lazy' has some great blues licks.

I was too late to catch him with DP but I did manage to see him with 'Rainbow'. It was a very sad occasion for me as I had been a Blackmore fan since the early DP days (my elder brother bought 'Machine Head' when it came out and played it over and over again). He was obviously at the end of the road as far as Rainbow was concerned and spent the whole concert in a huff. One song finished early as he simply stopped playing along.......he finally split from the band a few weeks later.

Ah well.

Odd Fact........ Blackmore is a huge Jethro Tull fan

Martin Barre is a fantastic player (and he used an original LP sunburst a lot). JT have a fair few trad-folk influences in their own work so, knowing what RB is up to now, I suppose it's a logical link?

Incidentally and by way of mindless trivia; before the post was given to Barre one other applicant who, although unsuccessful, was highly rated was a young Paul Kossoff. Small world in those days!

Martin Barre is a fantastic player (and he used an original LP sunburst a lot). JT have a fair few trad-folk influences in their own work so' date=' knowing what RB is up to now, I suppose it's a logical link?

Incidentally and by way of mindless trivia; before the post was given to Barre one other applicant who, although unsuccessful, was highly rated was a young Paul Kossoff. Small world in those days![/quote']

Don't forget this guy who went on to bigger things......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyzfD0VqDW8

Archived