Gibson Brands Forums

Best Slash Les Paul?

sunburstfaded

I have played both and now own the Gold Top version that came out last year. As for looks, I have to say the one with the acoustic pick-up is my favorite, but for playbility and sound I really like to two newer versions. I went with the Gold Top because it is a guitar I always wanted and I really did not care for any of the flamed pattern on the standard burst.

I've been looking at a Slash Les Paul but I'm not sure. Which is the best one to get? The original one with the acoustic pickup and mini switch or the ones that came out in 2008? What do the Slash owners think of their geetars?

I don't own one but if I were to get one it would be a tossup between the original Slash Signature with the Piezo and the Slash VOS LP. The skull and crossbone graphic on the headstock of goldtops and tobacco flametops looks tacky IMO. Other than that I don't have anything against those models.

I've got all but the new Goldtop and the original Snakepit one from the 90's....My favorite is the V.O.S. ....It's nice and heavy and I find the neck very comfortable....But the one Tim mentioned with the Fishman bridge is REALLY cool....I use that whenever I need an acoustic guitar in a song and it sounds great.

IMO...The Custom Shop Slash Signature from 2004 is the best very closely followed by the VOS model (The middle one in Damien's pics)

Here's mine! Made in 2005... The acoustic pickup is amazing!!

chess013.jpg

chess015.jpg

Picture042-1.jpg

Regards

Flight959

No matter how many times I see those pics I gotta say that's a sweet guitar ya got there Flight.

Cheers Damien..

What's the Gibson USA Slash like??

I would love the VOS but there like rocking horse 5hit here in the UK..

Haven't seen you for a while..

Flight959

The USA model is alright....The main reason I got it was I collect Slash guitars....The other reason being I was on tour last year and I wanted a nicer guitar than I was using...At the time my band was endorsed by Dean so I had 2 Deans on the road with me...So when the opportunity to buy one came up I took it....Then I used that the rest of the tour....But the V.O.S. and the model with the Fishman on it are still my favorites.

The USA model is alright....The main reason I got it was I collect Slash guitars....The other reason being I was on tour last year and I wanted a nicer guitar than I was using...At the time my band was endorsed by Dean so I had 2 Deans on the road with me...So when the opportunity to buy one came up I took it....Then I used that the rest of the tour....But the V.O.S. and the model with the Fishman on it are still my favorites.

You got an eye for the Gold Top?

Flight959

Thanks for the fast replies. I must admit I like the one with the acoustic pickup...it's also one of the most expensive over here.

I paid less for mine than a new USA Signature...Here in the UK.. It was second hand but as you can see well looked after.... A nice one went on ebay recently in the UK for a good price... Keep your eyes pealed

Flight959

the flamed is better, in terms of variation in sound because of the acoustic pickup but the goldtop is much better in terms of looks, i would take the goldtop anyday without hesitation over the flamed tobacco burst

Can you still buy those CS Slash models? They're still on gibson.com.

Flight, I wouldn't sell yours for an R9. I don't know what the neck & frets are like on your ugly Slash model but yours is essentially a historic LP with different electronics. It's solid with long neck tenon. Same thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Can you still buy those CS Slash models? They're still on gibson.com.

Flight' date=' I wouldn't sell yours for an R9. I don't know what the neck & frets are like on your ugly Slash model but yours is essentially a historic LP with different electronics. It's solid with long neck tenon. Same thing, as far as I'm concerned.[/quote']

Yep, Your right Tim... This sig is based on a 59 hence the long neck tenon and solid body...

You can get them here but there big money... Nearly £3.5k....

There are UGLIER LP's You should know timmy

Flight959

Archived