Gibson Brands Forums

Advanced Jumbo = Hyundai Sonata

rhythmdoctor

Much like a Hyundai Sonata, which is pound for pound the best value Sedan on the car market right now (the Sonata is every bit as good, perhaps better, than a Camry or Accord at a much lower cost) - the Gibson Advanced Jumbo is still undervalued in the guitar world relative to other dreads (Martin, Collings). I have been an AJ owner now for 5 years and I'm still surprised that the 'majority' haven't 'caught on' yet. I mean, people who have played them understand the amazing balance and tone but they are still behind the 'perception' curve compared to Martins - and really, they are much better in every way. Fantastic bass but still a balanced tone throughout. The AJ is consistent too - unlike various Martins I have played while shopping around, I don't think I have played an undesirable AJ yet.

Anyways, I'm a newbie to this board but I love my AJ and wanted to pronounce it to the forum as my first thread. Here are some pics for you other AJ lovers:

AJ pic 1

Me playing my AJ

My AJ cake my wife had made for our wedding

Cake pic 2

Let me guess' date=' you sell what... for a living?[/quote']

What makes you think I sell anything? I'm currently getting ready to buy a Sonata and realized the similarities to my AJ - great product that is relatively unknown.

Anyways, howdy all you fellow AJ lovers - they are fantastic guitars aren't they? BTW, mines the best:-"

How dare you have the same guitar strap' date=' then me! I have always tought i was unique!!! snif snif...

Michel Marc

A J185 lover.

And HW1 fender strat lover.

Welcome to the forum[/quote']

It is a great strap, isn't it?

What's an AJ-185? Never heard of that. BTW, my AJ is a 2003 I think.

Great cake. As a fellow AJ owner, I can also say great guitar.

I am not commenting on the Hyundai - suffice it to say that I no longer am on a first name basis with any mechanic since I traded my Hyundai for a Toyota. I'm not even certain that my Toyota dealer has a mechanic, to be honest.

Great wife also - you know, for having that cake made for the wedding - now that girl is a real catch!!

Great cake. As a fellow AJ owner' date=' I can also say great guitar.

I am not commenting on the Hyundai - suffice it to say that I no longer am on a first name basis with any mechanic since I traded my Hyundai for a Toyota. I'm not even certain that my Toyota dealer has a mechanic, to be honest.

Great wife also - you know, for having that cake made for the wedding - now that girl is a real catch!!

[/quote']

Thanks - she is the best thing that ever happened to me - the guitar that is ;-) Just kidding of course.

On a sidenote - just curious on the year of your former Hyundai? It is my understanding that since 2006 they have made vast improvements. Plus, consumer reports has nothing bad to say about them - at least the Sonata which is what I'm looking to buy.

Archived