Gibson Brands Forums

Farm Aid 2023...

Murph

Man, John, Neil and Willie are getting up there.

Seeing Bob Dylan play guitar and even some lead work was worth the time. He never touched a guitar the last time I saw him live and I assumed it was due to arthritis, pain, discomfort, whatever. 

Seeing these guys "struggle through" NOT because they need the money, or the recognition, and knowing because of the many decades of experience that they are not in their "prime" is a powerful thing to watch. Although I think Willies constant "pot smoking" songs are annoying. Some of us outgrew that phase.

And I must admit something else. I had thought that Willie's kids were riding on his coat sleeves for a while. But now I feel different. I think they are there to protect him.

I respect that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Murph said:

Man, John, Neil and Willie are getting up there.

Seeing Bob Dylan play guitar and even some lead work was worth the time. He never touched a guitar the last time I saw him live and I assumed it was due to arthritis, pain, discomfort, whatever. 

Seeing these guys "struggle through" NOT because they need the money, or the recognition, and knowing because of the many decades of experience that they are not in their "prime" is a powerful thing to watch. Although I think Willies constant "pot smoking" songs are annoying. Some of us outgrew that phase.

And I must admit something else. I had thought that Willie's kids were riding on his coat sleeves for a while. But now I feel different. I think they are there to protect him.

I respect that.

Willie loves a good blunt every now and then. Which every now and then is basically all day. I have Phases And Stages and Shotgun Willie. That's about all I need from him. 

And Bob you really just can't understand what he is singing anymore. Its way beyond a joke. 

Seen both 3 times. Once on the same bill when Bob did that Minor League Baseball Stadium Tour. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I like that most of the concert proceeds go to help farmers.

There's much goodness in that.

🙂

And ya gotta remember the reason for the first one. 

Corporate farms are more of a problem now, than they were then.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2023 at 9:59 AM, Murph said:

Corporate farms are more of a problem now, than they were then

Family farms are toast. I did read a book by an English farmer recently about a return to old-school, crop rotation farming that was interesting. Maybe it will catch on here too.