Gibson Brands Forums

Question about the guitar line Gibson Les Paul and Gibson SG

Fnfra

3 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

I haven't read it in ages, but I always felt the Book of Ezekiel from the bible was the first written account of alien sightings. Either that or Ezekiel was smoking some good Yemen Yellow.

Does anyone know who actually wrote The Bible? Its believed that Moses did but I doubt it.

I bought an ES-335 from SW and it showed up with the smile break due to I am sure an idiot dropping it in route. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

19 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

In those videos you may not be able to see the object in great detail but you can’t compare its behavior to any known vehicle/object.

It’s not fair to say you could be looking at anything. You know you aren’t looking at a known object, not based on the clarity of the footage, but based on the object’s behavior. 

Videos taken by fighter pilots using millions of dollars worth of the most advanced military technology have vastly higher credibility than anything that has ever been associated with Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster etc

Not trying to convince anyone one way or the other and obviously I have no authority on the matter anyways. Just trying to be objective about it

While I generally agree with you.. Why is it that with this millions of dollars worth of the latest best equipment that they cant get a defined clear picture...  Not a single one? 

So while people can believe what they want.. All those pictures are is proof of something unidentified...  Not proof of aliens.. As for what those videos are, donno..  But im not automatically going to assume its aliens.

Like take this drone.. It moves in a very unusual way. And was 3D printed by a man in his home..  If thats what a normal guy can do with a 3D printer. What do the army have that we have never seen and are un aware of?

Edited by Rabs

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I've worked on Naval and CG ships that are "using millions of dollars worth of the most advanced military technology" and sometimes it lots of it is expensive stuff that breaks down.

How do military contracts work? Well the contractor that gets the job is usually the lowest bidder, or it goes to a business that is minority or women owned. Remember that. Don't choose the best of the best, choose the person who undercut everyone else to get the job. Or you got the job because you sit down when you take a pee.

Hang on a moment......

Can you give us some true, proven examples please?

Edited by jdgm

16 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Hang on a moment......

Can you give us some true, proven examples please?

Contacts usually but not always go the the low bidder. That's how it is. I may be seen here as an a-hole but one thing I do not do is lie.

Is the contract awarded to the lowest bidder?
In most cases, agencies award contracts to the lowest bidder. “Lowest bidder” is a clear-cut term. So, in cases where a product is quoted the lowest against its competitors, the bid will be awarded to that company.

Does the government have to go with the lowest bidder?
The federal public advertising statutes provide that an "award shall be made ... to that responsible bidder whose bid ... will be the most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered."2 States and municipalities likewise are authorized to award their public contracts to the "lowest responsible ...
Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 11/21/2023 at 6:32 PM, Farnsbarns said:

That said, it's not like headstocks are just falling off. I don't think I know anyone who has broken a headstock. 

I have. Well I cracked a headstock. I picked up the guitar case without realising it was unfastened. It tumbled out onto the floor. The string tension kept the crack open. It wasn't a Gibson. It was my Hagstrom Deuce which is built  very like a LP with a mahogany neck and similar design. 

My luthier fixed it by squeezing glue in via the truss rod cavity (he gave me a good b*ll*cking about it too).