Gibson Brands Forums

FS: 2006 Gibson J-165

Cougar

I always loved the idea of this short-scale "Compact Jumbo," abalone-rosetted, ebony-fretboarded, burst J-165.  Well, I finally bought one.  Freaking beautiful guitar.  Its condition was listed as "mint," and I see no reason to disagree.  I put on new strings, plays easy, big sound comes out of this thing!

Thing is, I'm playing jumbo Guild 12-strings about 99% of the time.  Hate to have this beauty just sitting around.  So I've put this [url=https://reverb.com/item/76154008-excellent-condition-2006-gibson-j-165]back up for sale on reverb[/url] for about what it cost me.  $100 off for Gibson forum members!

https://reverb.com/item/76154008-excellent-condition-2006-gibson-j-165

gib2.jpg

Thanks, Murph.  Yeah, I figure I'll take a bit of a hit, like paying rent on having this beauty for a while.  That's usually how it goes with buying and selling guitars, at least in my experience.  (What sucks with reverb nowadays is having to pay tax on purchases!  🤬

18 hours ago, Cougar said:

Thanks, Murph.  Yeah, I figure I'll take a bit of a hit, like paying rent on having this beauty for a while.  That's usually how it goes with buying and selling guitars, at least in my experience.  (What sucks with reverb nowadays is having to pay tax on purchases!  🤬

That is the way I looked at selling guitars. If I bought one for $2500 and sold it for $2300 5 years later. I basically rented it for a little over $3 a month. 

• Upvote 1