Gibson Brands Forums

Amplifiers

camila

i was wondering if anyone here has or had any experience with 'Orange' amplifiers. i want to get a new one (tube) and wanted to know if they were any good. any other amplifier suggestions and explanations welcome.

i currently have a fender g-dec.

• 1 year later...

I have tried Orange amplifiers and have not been impressed. I am not saying that there aren't good ones out there just the models I played weren't that good at all. The Marshall Class 5 is a good all valve amp.......I personally can't get enough of my Metropoulos clone of a 66 Marshall JTM 45....

Thats funny I have a similar thread going on the Gibson Lounge. IMO Orange amps rule. If you want a darker mid-low sound thats great for rock and some metal you cannot go wrong with an Orange. I myself am going to be getting a Tiny Terror 15 watt head asap IMO the best in the low watt all tube amp class.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats funny I have a similar thread going on the Gibson Lounge. IMO Orange amps rule. If you want a darker mid-low sound thats great for rock and some metal you cannot go wrong with an Orange. I myself am going to be getting a Tiny Terror 15 watt head asap IMO the best in the low watt all tube amp class.

The guys I play with couldn't believe how such a big sound came from the tiny terror. I have Fender, Marshall(s) and the tiny terror and they all have their own particular sound so I wouldn't say that the Orange wasn't good. It is also handy as a back up if the main amp packs up since it is so small and has a neat bag you can conect directly to the speaker from the problem amp.

• 4 months later...

I have a Fender Hotrod Deville 410 and love it.Always had Marshall"s(8080 valvtronics,JCM 401,JCM 900 1/2 Stack and a JCM 800)and this Fender does it all,very versatile.When I add my Vox Big Ben Tube overdrive pedal it does great British overdrive

i recall playing a tiny terror in the shop and liking it. tried a few extremely small inexpensive practice amps for the purpose of cranking at home at lower volume. yes, tube is better than ss as you have problably heard, but i must say i was surprised how many small tube amps at the store actually sucked. (the little orange was not one of them). the little new issue fender champs and gretchs' (same amp actually) was not great, but descent to me.

it might help if you said what you want to use the amp for, as in not only what type of music and sound you like but what type of playing situation (with a practice band, gigging, ect.)

I play thru a fender blues Jr and I also have a Egnater rebel 30 head and cabinet,both my amps are all-tube.I have a epiphone LP,and a Gibson es 335,I definitely would

Not purchase a solid state amp,I feel that solid state has it place,it just doesn't compete with the newer and alot of the older amps,I had a vox vt30 that was a "modeling" amp and solid state I'd steer away from it

• 4 weeks later...

Our guitar player has a Hot Rod Deluxe that sounds great. Recently he bought a Blues Jr., and I've gotta say I'm impressed - a great sounding little amp that covers the stage well, and is all you need if you're going through a PA. He also has a Bugera - very inexpensive tube amp, sweet sound, and so far no problems.

Archived