Gibson Brands Forums

Customer service contact

uncle fester

Hi All,

I’ve got a 2018 J45 Vintage I bought new that the bridge is starting to lift off the body.

ive opened a case with Gibson, got the auto email with with the case number, but haven’t been able to get a follow up to next steps (been about a month)

Would any of you have contact info for a reliable service contact I can reach out to?

thanks for any help.

Rgds - Bill

17 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Hi All,

I’ve got a 2018 J45 Vintage I bought new that the bridge is starting to lift off the body.

ive opened a case with Gibson, got the auto email with with the case number, but haven’t been able to get a follow up to next steps (been about a month)

Would any of you have contact info for a reliable service contact I can reach out to?

thanks for any help.

Rgds - Bill

There is a phone number on their website. Try this +1 (615) 258-9553. I am involved in a warranty return with them now. I copied this out of my contacts but I may have more than one number, so if it doesn’t work  just look online. It only took me a couple of days to get it sent off.

I’d try to reach Bozeman directly, and not through Nashville. Those folks are great and I am sure will help you navigate the bureaucracy, but they are the ones who ultimately repair and solve issues, no?

I know one fella there. Don Ruffatto. Aces.

https://www.chamberofcommerce.com/united-states/montana/bozeman/musical-instrument-store/2005601823-gibson-acoustic

Edited by Salfromchatham

What is it today where every Company wants your Money & your Business but they won’t Post their Phone numbers anymore for Customer Service? That’s like slapping your Customers in the face!

Doing business in good faith is a two way Street.. If a Company doesn’t want me to Call them I can spend my Money somewhere else.. Not a problem..

On 12/12/2023 at 7:19 PM, Larsongs said:

What is it today where every Company wants your Money & your Business but they won’t Post their Phone numbers anymore for Customer Service? That’s like slapping your Customers in the face!

Doing business in good faith is a two way Street.. If a Company doesn’t want me to Call them I can spend my Money somewhere else.. Not a problem..

In the other active  "Customer Service Complaint' thread   -  the  new Dove with the defect was replaced in approximately 3 weeks.  So - I don't think it's Gibson that is slapping their customers in the face.    

Replacing a $3K instrument is a little more complicated than Amazon shipping out another tin of Popcorn and telling you you don't have to return the old dented one.   And, obviously, it sets a level of expectations.  One customer has an actual twisted neck and when he gets a well deserved replacement -  another customer  has buyer's remorse on a guitar with  high action and wants his money back.    PT Barnum, or WC Fields -   You can't please all of the people all of the time. 

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

In the other active  "Customer Service Complaint' thread   -  the  new Dove with the defect was replaced in approximately 3 weeks.  So - I don't think it's Gibson that is slapping their customers in the face.    

Replacing a $3K instrument is a little more complicated than Amazon shipping out another tin of Popcorn and telling you you don't have to return the old dented one.   And, obviously, it sets a level of expectations.  One customer has an actual twisted neck and when he gets a well deserved replacement -  another customer  has buyer's remorse on a guitar with  high action and wants his money back.    PT Barnum, or WC Fields -   You can't please all of the people all of the time. 

It used to be you could call 1-800-4-GIBSON if I remember correctly.. It’s been quite awhile since I dealt with Warranty issues..

It’s not just Gibson. Very few Companies want to post a Contact Phone Number anymore..

I recently had an issue with my Pre Sonus Mixer Interface.. No phone Tech Support.. Email.. And there are others..

If a Consumer buys a Product from a Company they should be able to Call & talk to a live Representative for assistance to their problem.. 

21 hours ago, Larsongs said:

It used to be you could call 1-800-4-GIBSON if I remember correctly.. It’s been quite awhile since I dealt with Warranty issues..

It’s not just Gibson. Very few Companies want to post a Contact Phone Number anymore..

I recently had an issue with my Pre Sonus Mixer Interface.. No phone Tech Support.. Email.. And there are others..

If a Consumer buys a Product from a Company they should be able to Call & talk to a live Representative for assistance to their problem.. 

Fortunately, in  your most recent thread (Wood Splitting on Guitars Side) you indicate Gibson is being  immediately responsive to the issue you discovered this week  on your 2001 Gibson Bozeman Masterbuilt J160.   I'm guessing Bozeman cannot have enough knowledgeable people standing by the phones to answer questions of 100,000 potential callers, some of whom may be the 3rd or 4th owner of the guitar.   They have to have a 'process':  first to determine if it is a Warranty Covered issue, so the caller is informed of their options in terms of getting the repair done locally, cheaper as opposed to having it done in Bozeman.   I'm guessing the side is solid mahogany and would be easy to repair.  "Stronger Than Before"  is what we always hope for.  

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Fortunately, in  your most recent thread (Wood Splitting on Guitars Side) you indicate Gibson is being  immediately responsive to the issue you discovered this week  on your 2001 Gibson Bozeman Masterbuilt J160.   I'm guessing Bozeman cannot have enough knowledgeable people standing by the phones to answer questions of 100,000 potential callers, some of whom may be the 3rd or 4th owner of the guitar.   They have to have a 'process':  first to determine if it is a Warranty Covered issue, so the caller is informed of their options in terms of getting the repair done locally, cheaper as opposed to having it done in Bozeman.   I'm guessing the side is solid mahogany and would be easy to repair.  "Stronger Than Before"  is what we always hope for.  

Whether it’s Warranty or not I want it repaired by Gibson factory..