Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas Magic - Written by TMan

DanvillRob

14 hours ago, Red 333 said:

Nice job and just the right mood.

TMan's song is an ear worm--I'll be singing it (happily)  for days!

Beautiful inlays on your Dove, too!

Happy Holidays!

Red 333

Red, you're right... Phillip has a wonderful song there!

The guitar is actually a Hummingbird Custom Koa.... I LOVE the way it sounds and plays....totally different feel from the Dove.

• Like 1

Anne, not sure why....but when you mention the ugly Christmas songs on the radio, I can't help but think of Mariah Cary's "All I want For Christmas Is You".

And, of course that reminds me of a story.   4 years ago, I was running an errand just before Christmas.   A song Christmas Song came on the radio, that really touched me.    I knew I'd heard the song before, but didn't know it's name, or who performed it.  

I THOUGHT it might have been named "All I Want For Christmas Is You", but when I Googled that name, I only ever got the horrible Mariah Cary song.

Since that couldn't be the name of the song, and I only heard a little of it while I was driving, and the DJ didn't give any details on the song when it ended, (he mighta said who performed the song before it played....I don't know).

The danged song just wouldn't get out of my head..... for a few week (now it's after Christmas), I just tried to figure a way to find a song I didn't know the title of, nor who performed it.

I finally went to the radio station's web site, and found a page that lists the play lists for each day's broadcast.   I went back in the archives to the date I'd heard the song.....estimated the time it would have played..... and looked at the possible songs it could have been.....and wouldn't you know it, the only song it COULD have been was titled "All I Want For Christmas Is You"....but performed by Vince Vance & The Valiants!

So, I found the song, and it was much newer than I'd thought, (1989).   I simply LOVE the song....it's easily my favorite Christmas song.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Red, you're right... Phillip has a wonderful song there!

The guitar is actually a Hummingbird Custom Koa.... I LOVE the way it sounds and plays....totally different feel from the Dove.

I saw the big white hummingbird on the pickguard and mistook it for a Dove! Sounds terrific.

• Like 1