Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson OEM parts

slimt

How many of you folks are looking for specific Gibson tuners, Trussrod covers or even maybe a OEM bridge. All to find out they dont sell parts at request.  

But in the same moment. The guitar stores have packaged Gibson Branded parts for sale on the Gibson sold store racks.   I dont get it. 

The factory doesn’t compete directly with their retailers.  It undercuts the relationship and it’s usually bad form, unless the factory is offering something the stores don’t.  In this case you can probably order any parts you need through your local authorized shop, with their mark up to cover the expenses. 

In 1985 when I opened my guitar shop, I was able to buy parts directly from Gibson. I still have the binder catalog with price list. A few month later I was told I could no longer order directly from them, as I was not a Gibson dealer. That was a Henry move. Up to that point, the fact I was a legit music store was good enough.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PrairieDog said:

The factory doesn’t compete directly with their retailers.  It undercuts the relationship and it’s usually bad form, unless the factory is offering something the stores don’t.  In this case you can probably order any parts you need through your local authorized shop, with their mark up to cover the expenses. 

Actually the store in question is a authorized Gibson Dealer. Yorkville sound aka Long and Mc Quade  They were still denied.   I was more than willing to pay the cost of the item and delivery.    I was also willing to  Provide a serial number and photos  .   

This store sells Les paul trussrod covers in a Gibson package right off the shelf .  No serial numbers required thee.  .   

8 minutes ago, slimt said:

Sj200  acoustic 

Ebay, Reverb, somebody has one.  Acoustic Guitar Forum, Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum, somebody knows where you can get one.  There are a couple of companies that will make you whatever you want.

If Gibson doesn't want to sell you one, eff 'em and give the money to someone else.

rct

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rct said:

Ebay, Reverb, somebody has one.  Acoustic Guitar Forum, Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum, somebody knows where you can get one.  There are a couple of companies that will make you whatever you want.

If Gibson doesn't want to sell you one, eff 'em and give the money to someone else.

rct

That will be what Ill do.    

4 hours ago, slimt said:

Actually the store in question is a authorized Gibson Dealer. Yorkville sound aka Long and Mc Quade  They were still denied.   I was more than willing to pay the cost of the item and delivery.    I was also willing to  Provide a serial number and photos  .   

This store sells Les paul trussrod covers in a Gibson package right off the shelf .  No serial numbers required thee.  .   

No kidding? Eff that, if it’s a current part.  What the heck? So if you shipped it to them, would they install a truss rod cover for you? This is just all kinds of wrong, customer service-wise, especially if you can prove ownership.