Gibson Brands Forums

Can I save this guitar???

shgusfo123

hello.?
I bought 'cf100 2017 ebony' in 1/1 2014.
The seller told me this is new guitar.
But the guitar setting does not come down below 3.0mm.
The neck angle is raised a lot, and the setting doesn't come down even after grinding all the saddles. Is it better to have guitar strings on my guitar than without guitar strings?
I store this guitar at 45% humidity and 24 degrees Celsius.
Can this guitar be restored to its original state by controlling humidity?

https://postfiles.pstatic.net/MjAyNDAxMjBfMjQw/MDAxNzA1NzM5Mjg0NTc1.kPqJeLK9omfg0vQUrjmKp1l7tXVmf_1CAnTuRhGDV_cg.JPvoaPQw0f_i48yxe96WPRE4IvMsinjn7foOUhE_Hrgg.JPEG.shgusfo123/KakaoTalk_20240120_171330494_02.jpg?type=w386

This photo 1/22

https://postfiles.pstatic.net/MjAyNDAxMjBfMTM1/MDAxNzA1NzM5Mjg0NTQ3.hEbWPlk8g8Ze81cGvBDxnS0qJpI3OS4pebdFP7ART6Qg._KvMzlBm5yHIAoFJ91n3ePAzrtQ1J4xLeiKXLFpZHjQg.JPEG.shgusfo123/KakaoTalk_20240101_223247338.jpg?type=w386

This photo 1/1

카카오톡_20240101_223247338.jpg

Edited by shgusfo123

Google translate can only do so much.

Of course, you or Guitar can probably be saved! A good place to start is to check the neck angle. Hopefully this article from a well respected, belated Guitar Repair person can help you get some information. 

Checking the neck angle with a straight edge and seeing where it touches the bridge of the guitar is one of the key points of the article.

Hope not too much is lost in the translation:

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Musician/Guitar/Setup/NeckAngle/neckangle.html

Also confused here - right out of the gate, you state  - you bought a 2017 guitar in 2014?    Anyway......  apparently it is at least 5 years old, and was A-OK when you bought it.   No, you cannot change the neck angle by grinding  down the bridges.  Since you apparently did that - No, it cannot be restored to its original state by controlling humidity, especially if you've kept it at 45%.  

If you do not know if you should have strings on it -  might only be 'saved'  as firewood.    Usually a picture is wort a thousand words, but in this case ...   Nope. 

13 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Also confused here - right out of the gate, you state  - you bought a 2017 guitar in 2014?    Anyway......  apparently it is at least 5 years old, and was A-OK when you bought it.   No, you cannot change the neck angle by grinding  down the bridges.  Since you apparently did that - No, it cannot be restored to its original state by controlling humidity, especially if you've kept it at 45%.  

If you do not know if you should have strings on it -  might only be 'saved'  as firewood.    Usually a picture is wort a thousand words, but in this case ...   Nope. 

There was a typo. I bought it on January 1, 2024.
I don't know how they took care of the guitar. But I bought it because it was pretty.
But the condition is a lot worse than I thought, so I'm managing it at 45% humidity. Is it better to control humidity at 50%? Or do I need to reset the neck because the guitar hasn't been maintained for a long time?

15 hours ago, 62burst said:

Google translate can only do so much.

Of course, you or Guitar can probably be saved! A good place to start is to check the neck angle. Hopefully this article from a well respected, belated Guitar Repair person can help you get some information. 

Checking the neck angle with a straight edge and seeing where it touches the bridge of the guitar is one of the key points of the article.

Hope not too much is lost in the translation:

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Musician/Guitar/Setup/NeckAngle/neckangle.html

Thx!!!!!!!