Gibson Brands Forums

Inspired by Keb Mo 12-Fret J45 Standard?

I've bought a few from overseas before. As long as they mark the paperwork origin as USA, there should be no duties. Guitars returning to their origin of manufacturing should not incur duties.

23 hours ago, Dave F said:

I've bought a few from overseas before. As long as they mark the paperwork origin as USA, there should be no duties. Guitars returning to their origin of manufacturing should not incur duties.

That's good to know. Thanks for the tip!

Red 333

On 3/19/2024 at 2:21 PM, Dave F said:

So the US Government is going to loose out on some revenue due to a loophole?

Some misinterpret that as origin of shipping. I bought a used Kris Kristofferson SJ from UK. I told the seller how to mark the paperwork. They marked it wrong and DHL tried to collect money from me. Once I explained the details, they agreed and released to me. 

6 minutes ago, Dave F said:

Some misinterpret that as origin of shipping. I bought a used Kris Kristofferson SJ from UK. I told the seller how to mark the paperwork. They marked it wrong and DHL tried to collect money from me. Once I explained the details, they agreed and released to me. 

Nowadays, almost everything is made in China so there’s that.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:35 AM, Dave F said:

I don’t. Gibson’s are made in the USA, so how could they be shipped from anywhere else but the USA, whether it goes by, boat, ship, train, car, truck or plane?  USA is it it’s country of origin and the country where it was made.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper