Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Hummingbird questions

The dman

1 hour ago, E-minor7 said:

The non-torrefried True Vintage models turned into what you have on the way, , , , and then some 60s with fixed bridge and others occurred. Recommend you dive into that yourself. It's too complicated to write about - compared to how relatively un-complicated it is to do the research. So a couple of groovy hours ahead tomorrow. Ideal Sunday stuff while waiting. . . . 

I hope I am writing in the correct place I have never learned to play the guitar but in the 1980’s I owned fender Stratocaster and a Gibson Les Paul a Marshall amp and two crate amps. But things  changed after my father was killed and our house was burglarized and my guitars were stolen it broke my heart because I was poor and it took me 5 1/2 years to save for those beauties and I never got the chance or had the money to replace them . Today I’m poor because of Covid ! You all have a blessed night! Just felt compelled to talk about it it’s always been a sore spot in my heart to lose those guitars. I had such a connection to them, but never played like I wanted to. I know it sounds crazy maybe I am, but those guitars have been a lot to me I never read music, I played by ear the violin cello the 1980s I got into a car wreck came out of a coma couldn’t remember anything. Good night y’all 

3 hours ago, Stolen strings said:

I hope I am writing in the correct place I have never learned to play the guitar but in the 1980’s I owned fender Stratocaster and a Gibson Les Paul a Marshall amp and two crate amps. But things  changed after my father was killed and our house was burglarized and my guitars were stolen it broke my heart because I was poor and it took me 5 1/2 years to save for those beauties and I never got the chance or had the money to replace them . Today I’m poor because of Covid ! You all have a blessed night! Just felt compelled to talk about it it’s always been a sore spot in my heart to lose those guitars. I had such a connection to them, but never played like I wanted to. I know it sounds crazy maybe I am, but those guitars have been a lot to me I never read music, I played by ear the violin cello the 1980s I got into a car wreck came out of a coma couldn’t remember anything. Good night y’all 

Hi S s - thanks for sharing that story. Hope you get a good balance goin' with the right guitar - sure it happens sooner or later. 

The best Sunday to you

Strings -   consider looking for a cheap, used acoustic at Guitar Center. The first step to recovery is the hardest.  Having  a guitar, if you have the time, might fill that hole you feel inside.   Lots of 'how to' guitar lessons on the internet that weren't there in the 80s to speed you along. G'Luck.