Gibson Brands Forums

"Muslim Demographics," and future(?) guitar players...

charlie brown

Although I'm not God and I cannot know the heart of a person' date=' there are times I would question if some who say they are a Christian are truly a Christian or not. It's one thing to say you are a christian, but to live a life that is contrary to Christ would reveal otherwise. You can tell an apple tree because you can pick apples from it if ya know what I mean. [/quote']

And can you see how the same thing can be applied to -insert religion of choice here-? A person could just as easily identify as Jewish and not follow the teachings of the Torah. It does not change the fact that people have done horrible things in the name of most religions, but for some reason, a lot of people try to marginalize Islam as if it is the only religion that has spawned lunatics wiling to kill and/or die in the name of their god.

It's too easy to put groups of people into little cubby holes and constantly separate "us" from "them." It's easier than forming opinions about individual people. So, humans of all kinds end up thinking in terms of Christians vs. Muslims, Christians vs. Atheists, Dems vs. Repubs, Males vs. Females, etc and then arguing over who is the most intolerant.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And can you see how the same thing can be applied to -insert religion of choice here-? A person could just as easily identify as Jewish and not follow the teachings of the Torah. It does not change the fact that people have done horrible things in the name of most religions' date=' but for some reason, a lot of people try to marginalize Islam as if it is the only religion that has spawned lunatics wiling to kill and/or die in the name of their god.

It's too easy to put groups of people into little cubby holes and constantly separate "us" from "them." It's easier than forming opinions about individual people. So, humans of all kinds end up thinking in terms of Christians vs. Muslims, Christians vs. Atheists, Dems vs. Repubs, Males vs. Females, etc and then arguing over who is the most intolerant. [/quote']

Being Jewish is both religious and a national identity...

Islam is a religion and a cultural identity and in much of the world the only education given...

Atheism and REAL Christianity are both choices/faiths and are not tied to national identity or cultural identity, they both tend to transcend culture and nationalism.

Remember, that Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler were not Christians and together they are directly responsible for the deaths of more than 25 million people...that's more people than all of the Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Hindu people have killed in the name of their respective religions throughout all of recorded history...isn't it?

Being Jewish is both religious and a national identity...

Islam is a religion and a cultural identity and in much of the world the only education given...

Atheism and REAL Christianity are both choices/faiths and are not tied to national identity or cultural identity' date=' they both tend to transcend culture and nationalism.

Remember, that Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler were not Christians and together they are directly responsible for the deaths of more than 25 million people...that's more people than all of the Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Hindu people have killed in the name of their respective religions throughout all of recorded history...isn't it?[/quote']

Have you ever read Mein Kampf? It is really a quite interesting book that Religious people like to ignore.

1. Adolf Hitler: Acting According to God's Will

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2

2. Adolf Hitler: Thanking God

Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 5

3. Adolf Hitler: Deutschland Über Alles

I had so often sung 'Deutschland über Alles' and shouted 'Heil' at the top of my lungs, that it seemed to me almost a belated act of grace to be allowed to stand as a witness in the divine court of the eternal judge and proclaim the sincerity of this conviction.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 5

4. Adolf Hitler: God's Grace Smiles

Once again the songs of the fatherland roared to the heavens along the endless marching columns, and for the last time the Lord's grace smiled on His ungrateful children.

- Adolf Hitler reflecting on World War I, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1, Chapter 7

5. Adolf Hitler: Fulfilling God's Mission

What we have to fight for is the necessary security for the existence and increase of our race and people, the subsistence of its children and the maintenance of our racial stock unmixed, the freedom and independence of the Fatherland; so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8

6. Adolf Hitler: Fate of God

But if out of smugness, or even cowardice, this battle is not fought to its end, then take a look at the peoples five hundred years from now. I think you will find but few images of God, unless you want to profane the Almighty.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 10

7. Adolf Hitler: Sin Against the Will of God

In short, the results of miscegenation are always the following: (a) The level of the superior race becomes lowered; (:-s physical and mental degeneration sets in, thus leading slowly but steadily towards a progressive drying up of the vital sap. The act which brings about such a development is a sin against the will of the Eternal Creator. And as a sin this act will be avenged.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 11

8. Adolf Hitler: Sacrilege Against God

Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 1

9. Adolf Hitler: Confidence in God

Thus inwardly armed with confidence in God and the unshakable stupidity of the voting citizenry, the politicians can begin the fight for the 'remaking' of the Reich as they call it.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 1

10. Adolf Hitler: Gold has Replaced God

It may be that today gold has become the exclusive ruler of life, but the time will come when man will again bow down before a higher god.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 2

i always find it ironic that they call Islam a religion of peace. For the most part, whereever they seem to be, violence follows them. ALso whenever they are 10% of the population or more, trouble starts brewing, look at INdia and France. They predict in 50 years, Europe will be majority muslim, so that they couldn't acheive with wars in centuries ago, they will acheive with high birthrates..

they appear to want all have the rights and privileges when they live in the west, but they don't allow their minorities to live in peace in the own countries, or openly practice their religion. Trust me, the US is the best country in the world...

Do you actually believe in the Devil?

Let me ask you something. what can oppose Gods will?

Even in the Bible God admits to being responsible for evil.

Well, if you noticed, I referenced the "Devil," (even back then) as

Evil! But, if you meant Lucifer, as the angel cast out/down to "Hell,"

then I suppose so. I think, in reality (for me, anyway), none of that

is more than "descriptive" illustrations, to put some "human" like context,

on something that has no real "form." It's a way of "relating" to good

and evil, in a form that mankind can (more easily) identify with...for lack

of a better explanation. I'm not a theologian. But, I've never heard, or

read an argument, for or against the existance of "God," that has convinced

me, one way or the other. It's ALL "speculation," intellectual, or not! In

absence of proof (one way or the other) I CHOOSE, to "Believe!" I don't

"justify" it, and I don't cram it down anyone else's throats, either! But,

as is illustrated on this forum, we (humans) need to convince others,

"we're" right, and other's are WRONG! (Just kidding...kinda) LOL!! That's

one reason, IMHO, things will never (really) change, much...they'll just

go back and forth, like the pendulum. God and/or Religion aren't the problem...

PEOPLE are the real problem. But, that's the way it's always been, and I

dare say, it will always be.

CB

...Have you ever read Mein Kampf? It is really a quite interesting book that Religious people like to ignore...

No, I have not read Mein Kampf...I haven't smoked crack either, and I know what it's all about too.

Are you really going to try and convince anybody that Hitler was a Christian? This ought to be entertaining.

Hitler was a freakin lunatic, and an occultist, as many/most of the true Nazi's were.

So, you've read Mein Kampf? You could have been playing the guitar instead...what kind of guitar do you have?

No one wants to silence Religious people we just do not want Religious people controlling our lives.

Religion is ruining it for the rest of us that want our planet back' date=' I have nothing more to say on the subject.

[/quote']

I thought you were done with the subject...=P~

No' date=' I have not read Mein Kampf...I haven't smoked crack either, and I know what it's all about too.

Are you really going to try and convince anybody that Hitler was a Christian? This ought to be entertaining.

Hitler was a freakin lunatic, and an occultist, as many/most of the true Nazi's were.

So, you've read Mein Kampf? You could have been playing the guitar instead...what kind of guitar do you have?[/quote']

Consult the Book of Armaments.

i always find it ironic that they call Islam a religion of peace. For the most part' date=' whereever they seem to be, violence follows them. ALso whenever they are 10% of the population or more, trouble starts brewing, look at INdia and France. They predict in 50 years, Europe will be majority muslim, so that they couldn't acheive with wars in centuries ago, they will acheive with high birthrates..

they appear to want all have the rights and privileges when they live in the west, but they don't allow their minorities to live in peace in the own countries, or openly practice their religion. Trust me, the US is the best country in the world...[/quote']

Islam has been around roughly 1400 years (Mohammed lived during the 7th Century, C.E.) If you look to the history of Christianity at around the same point in the growth of that religion, you'll find plenty of violence and oppression as well. The Crusades in the 12th Century and the Spanish Inquisition (nobody expects the Inquisition) come to mind...

Remember' date=' that Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler were not Christians and together they are directly responsible for the deaths of more than 25 million people...that's more people than all of the Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Hindu people have killed in the name of their respective religions throughout all of recorded history...isn't it?[/quote']

Unless I missed something, I don't remember Stalin or Pol Pot saying he was killing in the name of atheism. And you can look at Hitler's own words to see that he thought, at some time, that he was doing the work of god. He may not be what you wish a Christian would be, but that doesn't mean he didn't self-identify as one.

NI.

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is a fictional weapon from the comedy film Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It bears a striking resemblance to the Sovereign's Orb of the United Kingdom, and seems to draw some inspiration from the Holy Spear of Antioch. Although a minor gag in the film, the Holy Hand Grenade (as it is more popularly known) has gone on to be a frequently referred-to element of Monty Python humour, notably in computer and role-playing games, and also in TV and other movie references. The scene from the film which features the hand grenade is included in slightly modified form in the Monty Python musical Spamalot.

NI. That.

400px-Knightni.jpg

Yeah but i saw the Hitler' date=' Pol Pots and Stalin cop out that i could not resist.

I always found people like Hitler and Stalin fascinating, I actually believe Hitler had the right idea but he was just an underachiever.[/quote']

Some cop out...three completely Godless men, serving their own interests, in regimes where the state is almighty and has replaced God...and they are responsible for most of the non-disease related death in recorded history...

Unless I missed something' date=' I don't remember Stalin or Pol Pot saying he was killing in the name of atheism. And you can look at Hitler's own words to see that he thought, at some time, that he was doing the work of god. He may not be what you wish a Christian would be, but that doesn't mean he didn't self-identify as one.

[/quote']

Saying Stalin and Pol Pots killed all those people because they were Atheists is the same as saying they did it because they rejected the notion that the earth was flat.

The one thing Pol Pots, Stalin and Christians have in common is they are all HHGD (Holy Hand Grenade Deniers) so there you have it Holy Hand Grenade Deniers are responsible for the biggest slaughter of humans in all history.

Some cop out...three completely Godless men' date=' serving their own interests, in regimes where the state is almighty and has replaced God...and they are responsible for most of the non-disease related death in recorded history ...[/quote']

Saying Stalin and Pol Pots killed all those people because they were Atheists is the same as saying they did it because they rejected the notion that the earth was flat.

The one thing Pol Pots, Stalin and Christians have in common is they are all HHGD (Holy Hand Grenade Deniers) so there you have it Holy Hand Grenade Deniers are responsible for the biggest slaughter of humans in all history.

So you got it wrong they replaced the Holy Hand Grenade with the State and were Grenadeless murderers responsible for most of the non-disease related death in recorded history.

Unless I missed something' date=' I don't remember Stalin or Pol Pot saying he was killing in the name of atheism. And you can look at Hitler's own words to see that he thought, at some time, that he was doing the work of god. He may not be what you wish a Christian would be, but that doesn't mean he didn't self-identify as one.

[/quote']

I didn't say, or imply that Stalin or Pol Pot were killing in the name of Atheism. I was attempting to make the point that while "religion" has been the cause of a HUGE amount of death and mayhem. It is factually correct that Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler, who were not restrained by any of the world's "Great" religions, are responsible for more killing and suffering than all of the world's "great" religions combined.

Hitler was an occultist, not a Christian.

Archived