Gibson Brands Forums

"Muslim Demographics," and future(?) guitar players...

charlie brown

"When you meet the unbelievers in jihad chop off their heads..." (Koran 47:4)

What I can't quite understand is how the religious sects think their doctrines are unique. When you try to hold your faith above others you have in fact elevated nothing and have proven you are all the same.

For every unyielding position of one faith there equally repulsive unyielding positions of from the other faith. I actually feel lucky that I am not trapped by a particular faith. I see them all for what they are. A business venture. The business of faith is banking on the continued unrest in the world. They do some heavy recruiting during those times.

Keep the faith. They will be happy to accept your unquestioning devotion.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Allow me to be the first to inform you you are a racist if you think that little vid is a point of alarm.

Who gives a damn what faith they follow. The question is in 40 years will those countries still follow the same free elections and international treaties that make them free countries. Extremist of any group are outlaws if they act on those extreme positions. We have our OBGYN office bombers here they are Christians.

I personally could give a rat's *** weather any particular group of people are in the captain's seat. I look to the character of the person not the color of his turban.

This is probobaly the first thing you've said that I agree 100% with. You go Homz -

This is probobaly the first thing you've said that I agree 100% with. You go Homz -

I'm so relieved. I've been trying for months to get you to agree with me.

Bucket List :

Get guitarslinger to agree with me ---- check

Solve all the problems in the Middle East

Be President

Open a topless bar

Share the stage with Jimmy Page

Father children with many lovely ladies on every continent

Start a new religion with me as God

Well I've got one thing checked off. Woo Hoo!

Bucked List :

Be President

Open a topless bar

Pics...NOW!

You can find similar verses in the bible.

1Samuel: 15:3 So go now and strike down the Amalekites. Destroy everything that they have. Don’t spare them. Put them to death – man' date=' woman, child, infant, ox, sheep, camel, and donkey alike.’”

[/quote']

Good point.

That was then and nobody today gives a hoot about this antique crap of the so called

Old Testament.

Today's Jihadist still lives in times of Muhammad and take quotes out of context as they please

and just ignore the worthy parts.

Hate fueled by ignorant religious leaders and indoctrination of poor uneducated people

sums up to picture of a faith that can only get funny cartoons from Denmark in return

and no respect from intelligent civilized human beings.

Shalom.

Good point.

That was then and nobody today gives a hoot about this antique crap of the so called

Old Testament.

Today's Jihadist still lives in times of Muhammad and take quotes out of context as they please

and just ignore the worthy parts.

Hate fueled by ignorant religious leaders and indoctrination of poor uneducated people

sums up to picture of a faith that can only get funny cartoons from Denmark in return

and no respect from intelligent civilized human beings.

Shalom.

I beg to differ. Seems Israel is using that "antique crap" to justify killing Palestinians.

Besides, there are groups professing Christianity, Islam, Judaism...whatever...and using pieces of their religion to justify whatever intolerance and hatred is their current cause. The Christian right in the U.S. uses the Bible to show why gays are "sinful" and their relationships will destroy heterosexual marriage if we accept them. There are plenty of loonies using the Bible as the basis for bombing clinics or publicly posting the names of dr's who perform legal abortions.

My point is...and too many people of *any* faith miss it. There are skeletons in every religious closet. The more you try to demonize followers of another religion, the more poorly it reflects on your own.

I beg to differ. Seems Israel is using that "antique crap" to justify killing Palestinians.

Besides' date=' there are groups professing Christianity, Islam, Judaism...whatever...and using pieces of their religion to justify whatever intolerance and hatred is their current cause. The Christian right in the U.S. uses the Bible to show why gays are "sinful" and their relationships will destroy heterosexual marriage if we accept them. There are plenty of loonies using the Bible as the basis for bombing clinics or publicly posting the names of dr's who perform legal abortions.

My point is...and too many people of *any* faith miss it. There are skeletons in every religious closet. The more you try to demonize followers of another religion, the more poorly it reflects on your own.[/quote']

"Religion is opium for the people"

Karl Marx

I don't like extremism and fundamentalism of any kind, but given the choice I think I would prefer a Christian theocracy over Islamic law. Just a little less honor rapes, female castrations, beheading...you know things of that nature #-o

Bucket List :

Be President

Open a topless bar

I see you've started with the most important item on your bucket list first.

Besides' date=' there are groups professing Christianity, Islam, Judaism...whatever...and using pieces of their religion to justify whatever intolerance and hatred is their current cause. The Christian right in the U.S. uses the Bible to show why gays are "sinful" and their relationships will destroy heterosexual marriage if we accept them. There are plenty of loonies using the Bible as the basis for bombing clinics or publicly posting the names of dr's who perform legal abortions.

My point is...and too many people of *any* faith miss it. There are skeletons in every religious closet. The more you try to demonize followers of another religion, the more poorly it reflects on your own.[/quote']

"... to justify killing Palestinians"

Here we go again: the bad bad Israelis and Jews!

Do I smell racism?

"... to justify killing Palestinians"

Here we go again: the bad bad Israelis and Jews!

Do I smell racism?

Not at all. I think it's quite silly that *both* sides of that disagreement are arguing over which side "god" meant to have that land. My point was just that there are nasty elements in most, if not all, of the world's major religions. (Can't think of what a Buddhist extremist would be other than the monks who set themselves on fire...)

I *do* think Israel's response to the last Palestinian attack was waaaay out of proportion to the threat, but it's not a racist thing. I think they're all bat-***t crazy.

Not at all. I think it's quite silly that *both* sides of that disagreement are arguing over which side "god" meant to have that land. My point was just that there are nasty elements in most' date=' if not all, of the world's major religions. (Can't think of what a Buddhist extremist would be other than the monks who set themselves on fire...)

I[b'] *do* think Israel's response to the last Palestinian attack was waaaay out of proportion to the threat, but it's not a racist thing. I think they're all bat-***t crazy[/b].

LOL! Do you think it's too much "heat and sand?!" In that part of the world? I wonder.... ;>)

CB

LOL! Do you think it's too much "heat and sand?!" In that part of the world? I wonder.... ;>)

CB

I dunno. There's an awful lot of that going around in the U.S. too and we don't have nearly as much heat & sand!

I honestly just don't get the extreme religious mindset that jumps so quickly to violence. And I was quite surprised to learn that the Old Testament was apparently a deed to the Middle East!

I dunno. There's an awful lot of that going around in the U.S. too and we don't have nearly as much heat & sand!

I honestly just don't get the extreme religious mindset that jumps so quickly to violence. And I was quite surprised to learn that the Old Testament was apparently a deed to the Middle East!

Yeah, wicked...I don't get "extreme," about anything anymore. Never did, really. But, maybe that's the

"luxury" of living in America, where we (relative to other parts of the world) have less of it? Although...

we HAVE had/DO have, our "moments," huh? Sigh....

CB

After reading through these comments it seems to me that the intolerant ones are those who profess no religion.

I am not saying that christians or muslims are always tolerant; in fact they usually are not because they speak up for what they believe just like many here. I would say that most atheists are just as intolerant as any religous group because they want to silence the religious ones.

After reading through these comments it seems to me that the intolerant ones are those who profess no religion.

I am not saying that christians or muslims are always tolerant; in fact they usually are not because they speak up for what they believe just like many here. I would say that most atheists are just as intolerant as any religous group because they want to silence the religious ones.

I don't think any of us said anything that suggests we want to silence religious people. I made a point that it's hypocritical for one religion to demonize another when *all* have had people acting in the name of their god who have done shameful, evil things and tried to justify it with their religious texts.

I don't want to silence anyone, but I *will* point out the absurdity of what they're saying. For every Muslim hijacker, there's probably a KKK member professing Christianity. Too many Christians want to argue that the extreme members of the church do not define the religion, but then turn around and use the extreme members of Islam to label the entire religion. (And, naturally, both groups believe their beliefs are the 'correct' ones).

Can't have it both ways.

Although I'm not God and I cannot know the heart of a person, there are times I would question if some who say they are a Christian are truly a Christian or not. It's one thing to say you are a christian, but to live a life that is contrary to Christ would reveal otherwise. You can tell an apple tree because you can pick apples from it if ya know what I mean.

Yeah, when I was a little kid, in Sunday school, our teacher asked us our descripton of God and the Devil.

I answered: God, is "Good" without the extra "O," and the Devil, is just "Evil," with a D! Not sure a lot

has convinced me otherwise, since. Simplistic, sure...but, I don't need a "religion" or building, etc., to

believe in, or "worship" if you like, God. Other's that don't believe at all, that's their business, and their

choice. Some folks "need" ritual, and group "therapy," that "religion" can/does provide. The problem has

always been, when people try to convince other's "Their's" is the ONLY way! I think, you either believe or

you don't! How or where, is of no consequence, whatsoever! But, that's just Me!

I enjoy the discussion(s), and points of view, though. Thanks...

CB

No one wants to silence Religious people we just do not want Religious people controlling our lives.

Religion is ruining it for the rest of us that want our planet back, I have nothing more to say on the subject.

Yeah' date=' when I was a little kid, in Sunday school, our teacher asked us our descripton of God and the Devil.

I answered: God, is "Good" without the extra "O," and the Devil, is just "Evil," with a D! Not sure a lot

has convinced me otherwise, since. Simplistic, sure...but, I don't need a "religion" or building, etc., to

believe in, or "worship" if you like, God. Other's that don't believe at all, that's their business, and their

choice. Some folks "need" ritual, and group "therapy," that "religion" can/does provide. The problem has

always been, when people try to convince other's "Their's" is the ONLY way! I think, you either believe or

you don't! How or where, is of no consequence, whatsoever! But, that's just Me!

I enjoy the discussion(s), and points of view, though. Thanks...

CB[/quote']

Do you actually believe in the Devil?

Let me ask you something. what can oppose Gods will?

Even in the Bible God admits to being responsible for evil.

Archived