Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Lucille

I was gonna change the hardware on mine, then I noticed I had to buy tuners, pup covers, a bridge, the tail stop and the posts. So I gave up. I did swap the p/g for a black one and got a treble/rhythm poker chip for the switch, and a red chicken head knob.

gpUengU.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

Very nice. I played one a guy brought to a gig i was at one night about 20 years ago. 

I absolutely loved it. Very great instrument. 

Learn some licks and play the hell out of it!!

Definitely a keeper for sure!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Californiaman said:

I believe this post deserves a little more class, right?

XN9Yowfm.png

Great click. And kinda astounded how small it looks on him! I didn’t realize he was such a tall guy. It’s just tucked under his forearm. I’m reaching my whole arm all the way over.  Probably not the most ergonomically correct guitar for us, but man it sounds so nice, I’ll put up with the shoulder strain, 😁

On 4/8/2024 at 7:20 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yours looks legit. 

Nod, your eye is correct.    I did call Gibson just to be sure, and they confirmed the guitar and serial number is right, even though it is after the changeover to 9 digits. Even told me where it was originally sold, so makes sense it ended up in a shop here.  I also got a chance to chat with the guy who bought it for the shop. His story is it came from a widow, whose husband played it in jazz bands for years and accounts for the honest ‘relic-ing’.  

10 hours ago, Californiaman said:

Honest relic-ing. 
I like that. 

Honest relic-ing is less expensive than faking it. You have to go through 4 years of apprenticeships, classes on using an ice pick, penny lobbing, the behind the car rope drag, and then and only then are you handed a railroad spike.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2