Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (Fender)

New (to me) Tele day. got it 2 weeks ago. the red Tele on the left. a 2016 American Professional Ash body, Vmod pickups.  great guitar. 

20240406-173316.jpg

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Love the line up. Pup wise, you have all the flavors. Does that have the contoured edges on the fret board? Nice snag sir!

I have issues playin a strat. Some chords I  use employ just the last three fingers at the nut position. So my hand is mostly below/past the nut. The way a strats head stock is shaped makes my first knuckle smash against head stock when flying from up the board to below the nut hand position. Teles have a slow curve head stock where the strats are a more abrupt curve. So with a Tele, I'm free to move about the cabin so to speak.

🙃

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Love the line up. Pup wise, you have all the flavors. Does that have the contoured edges on the fret board? Nice snag sir!

I have issues playin a strat. Some chords I  use employ just the last three fingers at the nut position. So my hand is mostly below/past the nut. The way a strats head stock is shaped makes my first knuckle smash against head stock when flying from up the board to below the nut hand position. Teles have a slow curve head stock where the strats are a more abrupt curve. So with a Tele, I'm free to move about the cabin so to speak.

🙃

it does. the necks on the Pro's are nice.  I like the VMod pickups.  that Strat is '06 MIM Strat I picked up pretty cheap and I really like it. 100% stock. nice thick tone.  it's weird showing up to a gig without a Gibson. doesn't happen very often

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Karloff said:

it does. the necks on the Pro's are nice.  I like the VMod pickups.  that Strat is '06 MIM Strat I picked up pretty cheap and I really like it. 100% stock. nice thick tone.  it's weird showing up to a gig without a Gibson. doesn't happen very often

Even some pros are using MIM necks now. My brother purchased a custom MIM fretless to mod his sig "Flea" bass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

New (to me) Tele day. got it 2 weeks ago. the red Tele on the left. a 2016 American Professional Ash body, Vmod pickups.  great guitar. 

20240406-173316.jpg

Nice, I had a Tele or 4.

By the way Mars Hotel 50th Anniversary edition is getting re-released in June. I have all the 50ths, so far. Just ordered Wake Of The Flood yesterday.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice, I had a Tele or 4.

By the way Mars Hotel 50th Anniversary edition is getting re-released in June. I have all the 50ths, so far. Just ordered Wake Of The Flood yesterday.

Mars has always been one of my favorites.  Wake also. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Judging by our talks, I wonder. Do you have a "one" anything? 🙃

Yep, but I’m all acoustic now. All I have left is a Martin 000-18, and a 000-28.

Here are the Teles I had:

yhpNah0.jpg

tHAn2bP.jpg

o2EYTiR.jpg

oDU46TN.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 3

I've seen that couch before, like in the meet and greet

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nope I’m all acoustic now. All I have left is a Martin 000-18, and a 000-28.

Here are the Teles I had:

yhpNah0.jpg

tHAn2bP.jpg

tHAn2bP.jpg

I've seen that couch before, like in the meet and greet thread. You welcomed me with a plethora of guits. Mostly Martins. Most enjoyable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Karloff said:

Mars has always been one of my favorites.  Wake also. 

Both are damn good. Wake And Workingman’s are mine. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Just now, CROWB8 said:

I've seen that couch before, like in the meet and greet

I've seen that couch before, like in the meet and greet thread. You welcomed me with a plethora of guits. Mostly Martins. Most enjoyable.

Sadly the couch has moved on. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Karloff said:

Aoxoamoxoa ,  Live Dead, Europe, Mars ...  probably my top 4. 

Aox, I absolutely can’t listen to. Europe is great, but like most live albums mistakes were fixed. I want live Dead warts and all.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Aox, I absolutely can’t listen to. Europe is great, but like most live albums mistakes were fixed. I was live Dead warts and all.

lol. I painted a 5' Aox skull on the ceiling in my bedroom when I was 15. my parents were so happy the day I moved out ... lol.  I'd worn out my welcome.

4 minutes ago, Karloff said:

lol. I painted a 5' Aox skull on the ceiling in my bedroom when I was 15. my parents were so happy the day I moved out ... lol.  I'd worn out my welcome.

Right before I joined The Navy I saw an entire weekend stand at the Shoreline Amp. In Mountain View, CA. I would’ve see Jerry’s Band once after that and The real Dead two more times, then Jerry was gone.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Right before I joined The Navy I saw an entire weekend stand at the Shoreline Amp. In Mountain View, CA.

my 1st show was summer of '76.  they were still playing well. but looking back it was well into the beginning of the end of that. by the early 80's it wasn't what it use to be or shoulda / coulda been ...

5 minutes ago, Karloff said:

my 1st show was summer of '76.  they were still playing well. but looking back it was well into the beginning of the end of that. by the early 80's it wasn't what it use to be or shoulda / coulda been ...

Mine was in ‘85, right before the 16 year old girls decided it was cool to be seen at a Dead show in tie dye clothes. When the Dead are getting played regularly on the radio and on MTV, something is drastically wrong in the universe.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

I'll go stand in a corner for one hour. You would have to throw up cute critters. I get all mushy.

I would normally post a photo of something other than puppies, but I had a stern warning from a Moderator or Admin over such things last year. 

Back-story.
We  were at a picnic in Germany one time, many years ago. It was a big German/American 'partnership day' featuring live music, cook-outs, and games.

It was summer, so shorts, sneakers, and t-shirts was the dress code of the day. 
One of the Army housewives showed up and mingled with my crowd, and she was a real cutie. 
Kind of like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. 

Anyway, she had on a low cut blouse, and her tanned, attractive frontal features, sprinkled with freckles, were very much on display. 

My buddy, a Cobra pilot, remarked, "Ah, I see you are taking the speckled pups out for a walk in the sun today. I approve!"
It was funny. 

Anyway, many decades later, I still think of those speckled pups, and I have to smile. 

🙂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Anyway, she had on a low cut blouse, and her tanned, attractive frontal features, sprinkled with freckles, were very much on display

It's okay, I get all mushy over pups and freckles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These things always turn out where everyone posts their telecasters.

Let me be the first to say, "All I got is a red guitar, three chords, and the truth," Bono.

Love the red telecasters.  Love telecasters period.  Can never have enough telecasters.  Hence, everybody posting theirs.  Not that that has happened yet.

Again, beautiful.

Edited by Californiaman
  • Like 1