Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (Fender)

On 4/9/2024 at 7:44 PM, sparquelito said:

5Jm3sYl.png

So if we are getting technical, those are actually puppies. There are two. Pups is abbreviated, for the dogs, as in the same we lots do it here for pickups.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So if we are getting technical, those are actually puppies. There are two. Pups is abbreviated, for the dogs, as in the same we lots do it here for pickups.

Can I come out of the corner then? I lost track of time staring at freckles. 🤪 Peas?

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So if we are getting technical, those are actually puppies. There are two. 

c'mon, you know damn well what puppies are [wink] . HeII, I see plenty of  'em everyday at the gym! [smile]

The couch is gone?....that cannot be. Still in the family but, hey? [scared]

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 'Scales said:

c'mon, you know damn well what puppies are [wink] . HeII, I see plenty of  'em everyday at the gym! [smile]

The couch is gone?....that cannot be. Still in the family but, hey? [scared]

Those puppies you are talking about are my favorite. 

I have no idea where the couch is. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

And meanwhile, at 221B Baker street;

"Blast it all, Holmes. Don't just sit there scrubbing your bow across that retched fiddle. There's a mystery here to be solved!"

"And a most vexing mystery it must be then, to have you in such a lather. Please elaborate."
He put down the violin and tended to refilling his pipe with a course black shag.

"The very thread in which we find ourselves this evening contains a guitar-related mystery, and then so two pages of posts follow of a highly detailed, (and dare I say) dark and sinister allusion to some very unsavory guitar photography staging misadventures!"

Holmes scratched a kitchen match across the arm of his reading chair, and spent a moment smoking and reflecting upon the information before him.

Finally he inquired, "Is this perhaps a matter for Scotland Yard, or perhaps even some Admin or Moderator to handle? Why should an esteemed physician and London's most famous consulting detective get involved?"

"For the thrill of the hunt, man! How many weeks are we going to sit around these dark and musty chambers, reading newspapers and cataloging forensic cigar ash remnants? I yearn for the chase, the adventure, and the quest for truth. An infamous couch has gone missing, and there are numerous dissatisfied, perplexed forum members left flustered and befuddled. Aren't you the least bit intrigued?"

"Is there a chance that Moriarty is at the bottom of all this, Watson?"

"I'm convinced of it!! A couch once owned by a seasoned, sea-going NCO, disappearing into thin air'? Who else could it be, man?"

Holmes rose suddenly and secured his coat and hat. He seemed to have made a decision.
"Abandon your house slippers and lace on your sturdiest boots, John. And please bring your service revolver along. I believe that we just may need it."

"You mean to say that we are taking on this case, and that newsworthy adventures are surely to follow?"

"Yes! Let's move quickly, Watson, and make haste. The game is afoot!!"

"Good show!!"

🙂

rathbone+and+bruce.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sparquelito said:

My only Tele, next to my only Strat. 

Both are keepers. 
American made Strat Plus from 1991. 
American made Performer Telecaster hum from last year. 

Love them, lots. 

🙂

YA2CM5Y.jpg

perfect

On 4/13/2024 at 1:43 AM, OrdinaryNimda said:

I found some more PUPS (wild seals).

I remember those innocent days when I thought "going clubbing" just meant bouncing from one night club to another until dawn, not the precursor to creating a fur coat.  (what were we talking about again?)

• Like 2

On 4/13/2024 at 1:43 AM, OrdinaryNimda said:

I found some more PUPS (wild seals).

When the salesman at the Arctic Ocean Guitar Center told me he had a pair of pups that would "really bark", (for my pickup swap project), I didn't think he was being literal. Now I'm wondering what I would have gotten if I had chosen the pair he said "produced a deep growl"?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

When the salesman at the Arctic Ocean Guitar Center told me he had a pair of pups that would "really bark", (for my pickup swap project), I didn't think he was being literal. Now I'm wondering what I would have gotten if I had chosen the pair he said "produced a deep growl"?

So, what are the pickups we are talking about here?

On 4/9/2024 at 2:43 PM, Karloff said:

New (to me) Tele day. got it 2 weeks ago. the red Tele on the left. a 2016 American Professional Ash body, Vmod pickups.  great guitar. 

20240406-173316.jpg

Impressive rig, enjoy 🙂

• Thanks 1