Gibson Brands Forums

Buying from Bozeman Factory, and tours- possible?

i live close to bozeman and i was curious if it was possible to go up there and buy guitars direct from the factory or if they had an official gibson showroom full of badass guitars or if there was a tour you can sign up for etc

I searched on google and as of 3 years ago the answer is no to both. but its been 3 years so i thought id ask. i called gibson bozeman as well but nobody picked up the phone

Edited by gibsonchiq

You can go to Gibson's site, and they sell those ones from the Mod Shop right online. Not sure if they are coming right from the factory or not. Those are electrics and not acoustics. I have no clue if Boz does tours. 

18 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You can go to Gibson's site, and they sell those ones from the Mod Shop right online. Not sure if they are coming right from the factory or not. Those are electrics and not acoustics. I have no clue if Boz does tours. 

Usually you can get better deals from Stores like Sweetwater, MF or others.. 

I've read here that Music Villa in Bozeman is as close to a Factory Outlet as you might get.  People who have gone for Forum Organized FactoryTours seemed to gather there and many made purchases of exclusive Gibson acoustics while there.  Don't know if those  Forum Member Tours are still organized - they weren't 'sponsored' by Gibson, or anyone afaik.  G'Luck.

I dont think you can buy direct from Gibson Bozeman.   Talk to  Gibson Bozeman , they may direct you to a dealer.    

Edited by slimt

The person who was the main driving force behind the Gibson Homecomings was known here as Guitarstrummer. Love him or hate him, he did a good job of organizing the events.  I went in 2007, haven’t gone back, but I’m just not one to travel. Guitarstrummer passed away around 2015 I think. I have no idea if there has been any Homecoming events in the past X number of years. 

I've seen that the new Bozeman factory has a showroom for visitors, but nothing for sale. The only place where you can buy direct is the Nashville store, Gibson Garage. They have a ton of new Gibsons direct from the Nashville and Bozeman factories.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:48 AM, groovadelic said:

I've seen that the new Bozeman factory has a showroom for visitors, but nothing for sale. The only place where you can buy direct is the Nashville store, Gibson Garage. They have a ton of new Gibsons direct from the Nashville and Bozeman factories.

Any idea what they’ll negotiate in price? 15-20% or ?