Gibson Brands Forums

Another Moody Passed Away

15 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Heard the other day Mike Pinder of the classic Moody Blues era passed away. They were so good and people slagged them. 

I agree. they were a great band. RIP Mike

Edited by Karloff

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Karloff said:

that had to have been something

It was damn cool. It was where the SJ Sharks skate. The first time Patrick Moraz was on synths and keys. Everytime I saw them, Lodge, Edge (not The Edge thankfully), Hayward and Thomas were playing. The keys player changed. The first time The Fixx opened. Damn good. The second Chicago, the last time with the orchestra, I think it was just them. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

I've just read this.  R.I.P.

I saw them in 69 and 70 at the Isle Of Wight festivals and they were the only band that could produce all the harmonies and complexities of their albums live.  I thought they were bloody fantastic when I was 15.  Still have "In Search Of The Lost Chord" on LP as well as the Deluxe CD package. 

Pinder worked for Mellotron at some point I think.  Tremendous contribution to the sound.

Just saw this now. Sad to witness yet another notable musical figure has been reassigned off-planet.  Most recognized musicians get to leave something behind that others don't, a musical legacy that now in digital form can last as long as machines have memories.  The Moody Blues were such a musically different group that their music has held up well over the years, My father even liked In Search of the Lost Chord and he was a dyed in the wool Big Band era music fan.  Mike Pinder will be missed-may he rest in peace.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:23 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw them 3 times. Once with a full orchestra.

That must have been awesome. I can just imagine Nights in white satin with a full orchestra.

6 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

That must have been awesome. I can just imagine Nights in white satin with a full orchestra.

It was great. I saw them in ‘86, ‘92 and with the orchestra was ‘95 or 6.