Gibson Brands Forums

1960 Les Paul Special Double Cut Reissue

I was looking at the CS 1960 Les Paul Special Double Cut and was thinking for a $4,000.00 guitar the least they could do is give you more than two color options.  Cherry and TV Yellow.  What about TV White?  Love that on a LP Special.  It's a great option for a color.  Or what about Ebony.  They've offered that as a color once before.  The Oxblood Red is also another I wouldn't mind.

Les Paul Special Double Cut

3 hours ago, Californiaman said:

I was looking at the CS 1960 Les Paul Special Double Cut and was thinking for a $4,000.00 guitar the least they could do is give you more than two color options.  Cherry and TV Yellow.  What about TV White?  Love that on a LP Special.  It's a great option for a color.  Or what about Ebony.  They've offered that as a color once before.  The Oxblood Red is also another I wouldn't mind.

Les Paul Special Double Cut

Just do the CS CS 1960 LP Special DC, and pay an extra thousand for the color you want, that’ll show them!

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Whats funny is that they had the DC Faded not that long ago. I bought one brand new for £650. After changing the pickguard to a multi ply one the only difference between the Faded and the $4000 custom was the shinier finish, apart from that, exactly the same guitar apart from the bridge (actually I prefer the TOM on the faded). Also remember these were meant to be student level guitars when they were released.

VxaDk1f.jpg

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

I agree. Two colours is not enough at that price point. The studio models often were just 2 finish options. This is more than that.

The LP DC Specials (with P90s) were the first Gibsons I ever played. 

I still want a P90 guitar too. 

2 hours ago, Rabs said:

Whats funny is that they had the DC Faded not that long ago. I bought one brand new for £650. After changing the pickguard to a multi ply one the only difference between the Faded and the $4000 custom was the shinier finish, apart from that, exactly the same guitar apart from the bridge (actually I prefer the TOM on the faded). Also remember these were meant to be student level guitars when they were released.

VxaDk1f.jpg

I played a bluish faded one a few years back. Yeah that price is what it was comparable to at the GC, I played the bluish one at in South Carolina.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper