Gibson Brands Forums

Stuff That Makes Me Scratch My Head

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Sarge's  post got kinda hijacked.

I haven't had a McDonalds burger is decades..... I really don't do fast food much....just in an emergency.

If I have a burger, it'll be an "In & Out" or one I grill, (which are the best to me....because I make them EXACTLY how I like 'em!).

My wife and I do "Take Out" every Friday, (so she doesn't have to cook).   Last Friday we did  Cousin's Lobster Truck food because they just happened to be in town that day.

The week before we had Greek Food from The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill..... the week before Isola Osteria Sicilian Italian Restaurant pizza.

We stay away from "Fast Food" as much as possible.

In N Out is killer. Double double fries and a chocolate shake is what I always ordered. I do not like their fries even though they cut them in front of you. Not sure if it’s the oil or what. Of corse out here in SC we don’t have it.  And out here our Carl’s Jr. is called Hardee’s. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

I had In N Out for the first time a few months ago, it was very good. That's the cleanest fast food joint I've ever seen, and the employees were super nice, clean, and friendly. 

Chic Fil A is pretty decent.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I had In N Out for the first time a few months ago, it was very good. That's the cleanest fast food joint I've ever seen, and the employees were super nice, clean, and friendly. 

You have  to order their burger 'n fries "Animal Style"..... a hidden menu.

21 hours ago, Larsongs said:

My Cousin Tommy grew up on Catalina Island.. They brought Bison to Catalina in the 30’s where they filmed lots of Westerns.. The Herds roam wild on the huge Private part of the Island.. There is a Bison Burger joint on the Boardwalk in Catalina.. We used to ge there & Have some Bison Burgers. They were good…

They brought them there originally to make a film in 1925 called The Vanishing American. My great uncle (who died in a kaiten suicide torpedo attack on the USS Underhill on 24 July 1945, shortly before the end of the war) had a small part in that film. 

As far as fast food burgers, nothing beats In-N-Out. That's what a (fast-food) hamburger's all about. 

11 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

When I was young and skinny, I often ordered 4x4s, animal style. The second In-N-Out location to open was on Grand Avenue in Covina, not too far from where I grew up, so I've been eating their burgers all my life. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

They brought them there originally to make a film in 1925 called The Vanishing American. My great uncle (who died in a kaiten suicide torpedo attack on the USS Underhill on 24 July 1945, shortly before the end of the war) had a small part in that film. 

As far as fast food burgers, nothing beats In-N-Out. That's what a (fast-food) hamburger's all about. 

Those guys on ships in the Pacific during WWII had juevos the size of grapefruits!   My dad's younger brother was on the USS Wasp when it was sunk by a Japanese torpedo during the battle of Guadalcanal on September 15, 1942.   He survived that, and was reassigned to another aircraft carrier....I think The Hornet, but not sure.

Edited by DanvillRob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

When I was young and skinny, I often ordered 4x4s, animal style. The second In-N-Out location to open was on Grand Avenue in Covina, not too far from where I grew up, so I've been eating their burgers all my life. 

I didn't know you were a California-Boy.   You still live down there?

23 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I didn't know you were a California-Boy.   You still live down there?

Born in Covina, grew up in Covina and San Dimas, and later lived all over the place in SoCA–Fullerton, Whittier, La Mirada, Camp Pendleton, San Clemente, Camarillo, Lake Arrowhead, etc. Our family had a vacation house that we built on the north shore of Big Bear. My grandmother owned it from the mid-60s until the early 2000s.

Yes, I still live here.  I'm right on the north (high desert) side of the San Bernardino mountains, in the foothills. 

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

People get stupid for Chic-Fil-A around here. It’s good for FF.

45 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Animal Style I can’t stand. Something about that sauce is not right.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Phil OKeefe said:

Born in Covina, grew up in Covina and San Dimas, and later lived all over the place in SoCA–Fullerton, Whittier, La Mirada, Camp Pendleton, San Clemente, Camarillo, Lake Arrowhead, etc. Our family had a vacation house that we built on the north shore of Big Bear. My grandmother owned it from the mid-60s until the early 2000s.

Yes, I still live here.  I'm right on the north (high desert) side of the San Bernardino mountains, in the foothills. 

That's a great place!   My best friend in the world lived in Big Bear.    He was the guy I started my first band with....he was a musician playing local bars there back in the 80's.   I went to visit him there maybe 1988 or so.

Edited by DanvillRob
  • Like 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

People get stupid for Chic-Fil-A around here. It’s good for FF.

I like Chic-Fil-A.... they make a chicken breast sandwich taste fantastic.   I rarely go there....in Walnut Creek... so too far for 'fast food' and there's one in Vacaville that we sometimes stop at when traveling to Reno or Tahoe.

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is Del Taco still around in Cali? Used to go there all the time as a squid.

I don't see Del Taco around anymore.    My son had the distinction of eating at a Taco Bell in every state in the US, (he traveled with the WARPED Tour when he was younger).

1 minute ago, DanvillRob said:

I don't see Del Taco around anymore.    My son had the distinction of eating at a Taco Bell in every state in the US, (he traveled with the WARPED Tour when he was younger).

His bandmates probably loved him for it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is Del Taco still around in Cali? Used to go there all the time as a squid.

Yep

We have one in La Verne CA.

Best junk food Mexican food ever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Animal Style I can’t stand. Something about that sauce is not right.

Animal style = they cook the burger patties in mustard, use caramelized onions, and then go overboard on the toppings, including the house spread (which is basically thousand island). Maybe it's the cooked mustard that you don't like? 

39 minutes ago, duane v said:

Yep

We have one in La Verne CA.

Best junk food Mexican food ever. 

One of the early Taco Bells was right next to the In-N-Out on Grand Avenue. I used to eat there a lot, too, but once they discontinued their green sauce, I quit going there. Del Taco's much better, anyway IMO. 

Did you go to Bonita HS? 

1 hour ago, Phil OKeefe said:

One of the early Taco Bells was right next to the In-N-Out on Grand Avenue. I used to eat there a lot, too, but once they discontinued their green sauce, I quit going there. Del Taco's much better, anyway IMO. 

Did you go to Bonita HS? 

I grew up in La Puente and went to Workman High School.

We moved to La Verne three years ago, but I'm familiar with Covina..... I lived at the Fret House so I can watch them work on guitars and we used to hang out at Timbers during the 80's.

I believe the In-N-out you speak of is close to Cienega AVE???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duane v said:

I grew up in La Puente and went to Workman High School.

We moved to La Verne three years ago, but I'm familiar with Covina..... I lived at the Fret House so I can watch them work on guitars and we used to hang out at Timbers during the 80's.

I used to live on Rowland Ave. not too far down the street from the Fret House, which at the time was also on Rowland. A few years after that, they moved it to the current location over on Citrus. I purchased my first MESA/Boogie (a Son of Boogie) from them circa 1982 or so. It was a great shop, but I haven't been in there in years. 

I believe the In-N-out you speak of is close to Cienega AVE???

It used to be on Arrow Highway, just west of Grand, on the north side of the street. Last time I checked, the building is still there, but the actual In-N-Out was moved many years ago to the supermarket shopping center on Grand Ave. itself, just south of Arrow Highway.

I used to live right off of Cienega in San Dimas, just east of Valley Center.  

6 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

I used to live on Rowland Ave. not too far down the street from the Fret House, which at the time was also on Rowland. A few years after that, they moved it to the current location over on Citrus. I purchased my first MESA/Boogie (a Son of Boogie) from them circa 1982 or so. It was a great shop, but I haven't been in there in years. 

It used to be on Arrow Highway, just west of Grand, on the north side of the street. Last time I checked, the building is still there, but the actual In-N-Out was moved many years ago to the supermarket shopping center on Grand Ave. itself, just south of Arrow Highway.

I used to live right off of Cienega in San Dimas, just east of Valley Center.  

I purchased both my Mesa Boogie MarkIV heads and four Mesa Boggie 4x12 cabs from the Fret House.

i wished I kept it.... it had a brutal brown sound. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

so..

thread starts out as talkin about personal dynamics during discussions and for lack of a better word, debates.

followed by a page and a half of Fastfood posts.

And now as we get to the end of page 2, we're talking about Mesa Boogie amps

😆

at this point, I'm waiting for someone to yell "SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! "

Well played Forum, well played...

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you think about it all ties into being in a band.

After rehearsal ..... fast food.

After gigs..... fast food.

After fast food.... liquor store. 

All made possible with amps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3