Gibson Brands Forums

Any one know spiders?

Looks like a wolf spider to me. I would invert a glass bowl over it, slide a piece of cardboard under it, being careful not to hurt it, take it outside and set it free.

Even if it is a recluse, which I doubt, it's a good way to get it out of the house.

I don't mind the little spiders in the house, but the wolf spiders get pretty big, so I put them in a big clump of bushes,

We have black and brown widows where I live. I leave them alone unless they try to build their web near a door or high traffic area. 

Notes ♫

• Like 1

There are lots of black widows where I live. They aren’t aggressive at all but they do command respect. One look at them and you know you don’t want to play around with that venom

my dad got bitten by a black widow on one of his elbows and it swelled up to about the size of a golf ball and never went away. He just had a weird elbow till he died 

2 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

There are lots of black widows where I live. They aren’t aggressive at all but they do command respect. One look at them and you know you don’t want to play around with that venom

As you pointed out, they aren't aggressive. I read somewhere that they are nearly blind. 

I have a good relationship with them, as long as I don't bother them, they won't bother me. They are just trying to make a living, and they do so by eating insects. 

I've never had one get in the house, but if I do, I'll invert a glass over it, carefully slide some cardboard under it, and release it outdoors.

We also have brown widows. Pretty much the same spider, but brown instead of black. I read that their venom isn't as powerful as their black relatives, but I'm not about to test that out.

Notes ♫

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

As you pointed out, they aren't aggressive. I read somewhere that they are nearly blind. 

I have a good relationship with them, as long as I don't bother them, they won't bother me. They are just trying to make a living, and they do so by eating insects. 

I've never had one get in the house, but if I do, I'll invert a glass over it, carefully slide some cardboard under it, and release it outdoors.

We also have brown widows. Pretty much the same spider, but brown instead of black. I read that their venom isn't as powerful as their black relatives, but I'm not about to test that out.

Notes ♫

Have you ever seen a male “black widow”? I don’t recall ever seeing one before but they obviously must be around. I guess the females are really eating them all up

On 5/15/2024 at 12:22 PM, SteveFord said:

I'm pretty sure that's the kind you squish.

I do believe you are right!  If they are outside, I leave them alone. If inside? Death sentence.

• Like 1

A bit late to the game here.  When I saw the title, I thought the OP might have been looking for people who know something about the Line 6 Spider amps.  I know very little about either type of spiders.  

On 5/18/2024 at 8:41 PM, Retired said:

I do believe you are right!  If they are outside, I leave them alone. If inside? Death sentence.

Well, I said that because way too many times we have woke up with spider bights and Deb swells up with them. I just itch at the sight.  They belong outside anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 4:02 PM, Dub-T-123 said:

Have you ever seen a male “black widow”? I don’t recall ever seeing one before but they obviously must be around. I guess the females are really eating them all up

As a matter of fact, I think I have. On rare occasions I've seen a small, black spider in the web with a female.

I suppose he was deciding if it's worth it or not. 😉 Or hadn't even started the foreplay yet.