Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson "True Vintage" Southern Jumbo on ebay

Yggdrasil

I don't think True Vintage series guitars say "True Vintage" on the label. I have a True Vintage J-185 that says "J-185" on the label. But the shipping box direct from Gibson said "J-185 True Vintage"

Last one I saw' date=' IIRC, had TV on the label. if they don't, then how are you supposed to ascertain that they are TV on the resale market?[/quote']

True Vintage, Don't have the serial number stamped on the back of the neck. The serial number is stamped on the neck block. Look thru your sound hole & you'll see.

J-85 TV VSB & J-45 TV VSB

that's correct - i always forget about that detail. my j45 tv's that way too.

I think there are a bunch of TV guitars out there without the label that says so. definitely a lot of the newer ones say "True Vintage" around the outer ring of the label. Maybe some of the earlier ones (mine was one of those) has no such indication either..

My Southern Jumbo True Vintage is a 2008 model. It does not have "True Vintage" on the label. The serial number is stamped on the neck block inside the soundhole. It did say Southern Jumbo True Vintage on the shipping box. A normal black case also. Not the brown case with lavender lining.

Archived