Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson U2 Superstrat - is this a collectible?

Tarikghi

I've seen a few used ones in music shops. They usually go pretty cheap, say around $350 - $400.

I don't think they could be considered collectable, since there were so many companies making almost the identicle guitar back then.

I understand exactly what dynadude and guitarest are saying - but;

It also has a 24 fret ebony neck.

if this is the case (assuming cat&mouse meant fingerboard - as I'm certain he does) then I'm more impressed than I was before I read c&m's input.

Thanks, c&m.

I understand exactly what dynadude and guitarest are saying - but;

if this is the case (assuming cat&mouse meant fingerboard - as I'm certain he does) then I'm more impressed than I was before I read c&m's input.

Thanks' date=' c&m.[/quote']

Whoops, sorry, that is what I meant.

I've also read somewhere else that the neck runs through the body but I'm not too sure on that.

A lot of people seem to either think they are pretty good or think they are utter crap, but either way it's unique.

Whoops' date=' sorry, that is what I meant.

I've also read somewhere else that the neck runs through the body but I'm not too sure on that.

A lot of people seem to either think they are pretty good or think they are utter crap, but either way it's unique. [/quote']

Thanks for your help on this one, I didn't intend to, and hope you didn't think I was, smart-assing you - if so then I apologise.

As far as the "Yeah; they're crap" "Yeah! they're Great!" stuff goes; par for the course, really.

Keep us posted on this one - you seem to be the 'one-in-the-know'!

Best etc...

Thanks for all your feedback. I will take some pics of mine & post them. My U2 is solid black and has the extra frets & yes, the neck & body are all one piece. It also came with a really cool hard case - the exterior is brown with "Gibson" in gold letters & the interior is hot pink.

Rare guitar, sadly the demand isn't out there.

I have heard of only two people that I can remember that were interested in finding one.

I've never even seen one on Ebay.

Tell you what, I'll buy it from you really cheap....

:-)

Seriously, if there's no money in the guitar, why sell it?

Keep it, play it and enjoy it.

Someday the right guy will find it and offer BIG $$$$ for it.

If not, just take good care of it and put it away for the future.

Archived