Gibson Brands Forums

Live at the Greek - Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes

KSG_Standard

to convert or attempt to convert as a proselyte; recruit.

1. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.

2. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.

I got that album not long after it came out. I love it!!

As far as I'm concerned, if Robert Plant doesn't want to tour with the other guys, Page, Jones, & Bonham Jr. ought to grab Chris Robinson and hit the road!!

Ya know, when I heard Page was touring with them I was gonna move heaven and earth to see that show.

I've never been able to catch him, and I wasn't gonna miss him again.

Well, Page dropped out of the tour and I missed them again.

Dammit!

The idea of Chris Robinson doing Zep vocals was not very appealing - though I'm a fan of the Black Crowes - but when they released that Live At The Greek album all I could think was fxcking wow!

It finally dawned on me what the difference was....

All the live Led Zep stuff over the years was done with only Page on guitar, and one guitar isn't enough to fill out those songs as they were recorded in the studio. Everybody I know who saw Led Zep back in the day said they really didn't sound that good live, and from everything I've seen on video I think it was simply a big hole in their sound.

Rich Robinson and Audley Freed fixed that nicely....

:-)

All those great Led Zep tunes and blues numbers finally got the triple guitar treatment and were in a whole new league.

Excellent album, a must own, and I've come to appreciate Chris Robinson much more as a singer.

As a side note, Audley Freed had his own band before joining Black Crowes.

It was called Cry Of Love, and they did two killer blues/southern rock albums in the mid nineties.

First one was called Brother, and is a straight ahead meat and potato-type album - kicks ***.

Second was called Diamonds & Debris, it has some slower, more complex stuff on it with a little more seventies funk.

Likely out of print now, but get 'em if you can.

Archived